EZ Air rip off

Anyone who flies weekly surely is aware of change fees.  Thanks for those cc members who referenced the T&C for EZ Air. Very helpful 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, morechances said:

The documents that you receive AFTER you book.

I booked the flights 2 weeks ago.  Which is 15 days prior to the cruise. So it would have been too late even if I tried to cancel once I saw that.

So, correct, it is stated, but just not in any information PRIOR to booking. 

FYI,  EZAir is a consolidator.  Most consolidators don't get any money back after reservations are ticketed by the airline.  

You seemed to only praise EZAir when it's convenient for you...like when you said that the benefit was because by booking through EZAir you'd have late arrival protection with such close flight arrival time.  When you have a problem that's out of control of EZAir, they're suddenly the worst thing on the planet.  The best advice was that has been given was when a poster called this a "cautionary tale."

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Don't see how this is an EZAir problem.  This is an unfortunate incident where you're needing to voluntarily change your air reservation.  The terms are clearly stated when you book.  If tickets are Flexible, you can change up to 45 days and you won't get charged for changes/refunds.  If tickets are Restricted, no changes or refunds.  Either way you're past both windows, so what did EZAir do wrong?  Completely sympathize with your friends passport dilemma (at least you're not asking if he/she can cruise without a passport), but EZAir did nothing wrong.

Tickets purchased from the airlines can be changed without penalty. EZ-Air is just a way to ruin a vacation.

• Like 2

Just now, Mississippian said:

Tickets purchased from the airlines can be changed without penalty. EZ-Air is just a way to ruin a vacation.

Flexible tickets booked throught EZAir can be changed up to 45 days before the flight, payment  can be postponed until final payment of cruise, and there is late arrival/departure protection when purchased through EZAir.

The Regal arrived into FLL a few hours late last October because of strong currents.  Those booked on EZAir automatically had their flights rebooked with no penalty and at the expense of Princess.  Everyone else was on their own.  In addition, those booked with EZAir had all airline inventory open.  My parents were originally booked on Delta via Atlanta but EZAir rebooked them on the non stop United at Princess' expense.  Same happened to the Majestic this April when a storm prevented a ship from departing the night before which dominoed into the Majestic arriving late.  There was also the case with the cancelled Sun inaugurals, where those who made independent flight arrangements were stuck with flight credits.

Aside from the prices, which there are bargains if you're fortunate enough to live in major hub cities, there's piece of mind.  It's not always the cheapest, I will concede that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Flexible tickets booked throught EZAir can be changed up to 45 days before the flight, payment  can be postponed until final payment of cruise, and there is late arrival/departure protection when purchased through EZAir.

The Regal arrived into FLL a few hours late last October because of strong currents.  Those booked on EZAir automatically had their flights rebooked with no penalty and at the expense of Princess.  Everyone else was on their own.  In addition, those booked with EZAir had all airline inventory open.  My parents were originally booked on Delta via Atlanta but EZAir rebooked them on the non stop United at Princess' expense.  Same happened to the Majestic this April when a storm prevented a ship from departing the night before which dominoed into the Majestic arriving late.  There was also the case with the cancelled Sun inaugurals, where those who made independent flight arrangements were stuck with flight credits.

Aside from the prices, which there are bargains if you're fortunate enough to live in major hub cities, there's piece of mind.  It's not always the cheapest, I will concede that.

Airline tickets can be changed or canceled for full credit almost until check-in. I just read so many EZAir horror stories.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mississippian said:

Airline tickets can be changed or canceled for full credit almost until check-in. I just read so many EZAir horror stories.

Depends on the type of fare you booked.  If you booked basic directly with the airline, you're up a creek.  Those fares are typically no changes or refunds.  Even mainline fares have restrictions.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mississippian said:

Have you also seen the posts on EZ Air success stories?  I've experienced a few and have posted them online.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mississippian said:

See Post #15. Understand why i like to book with a consolidator.  Although I arrive a day earlier instead of 2.5 hrs before embarkation ends

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mississippian said:

I purchased 2 tickets to Las Vegas from Hawaiian Airlines a couple of years ago and at the last minute, we both had Covid, so we cancelled to avoid spreading it.

The cancelled tickets became travel credits, but we discovered (the hard way) that you had to actually FLY within one year of the PURCHASE date, rather than the original flight date or the cancellation date.

Since we had purchased the tickets about 8 months in advance, we only had a 4-month window in which to use them or lose them. We lost the money. A lesson learned! 😪

That is the kind of fine print that is not extolled during their commercials while bragging about how flexible they are.

Most of the airlines, cruise lines, hotels, car rental agencies, etc., have "gotchas" built into their contracts that they use to pencil-whip customers.

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Teechur said:

... The cancelled tickets became travel credits, but we discovered (the hard way) that you had to actually FLY within one year of the PURCHASE date, rather than the original flight date or the

cancellation date. ... 

I have a $150 Alaska Airlines credit for when they canceled the FL -> SFO 6pm flight last December* and the voucher expires this December.  Problem is $150 won't cover an economy flight. 

* also the hotel bill just showed up on my visa. Ugh. 6 months later I have to jump through hoops to get that covered. Apparently Sheraton didn't honor the Alaska voucher

sorry for taking thread off topic

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Teechur said:

I purchased 2 tickets to Las Vegas from Hawaiian Airlines a couple of years ago and at the last minute, we both had Covid, so we cancelled to avoid spreading it.

The cancelled tickets became travel credits, but we discovered (the hard way) that you had to actually FLY within one year of the PURCHASE date, rather than the original flight date or the cancellation date.

Since we had purchased the tickets about 8 months in advance, we only had a 4-month window in which to use them or lose them. We lost the money. A lesson learned! 😪

That is the kind of fine print that is not extolled during their commercials while bragging about how flexible they are.

Most of the airlines, cruise lines, hotels, car rental agencies, etc., have "gotchas" built into their contracts that they use to pencil-whip customers.

I was literally stuck in HNL during the pandemic since Hawaiian cancelled all flights into LGB for 6 months.  It was too difficult for me to fly into LAX.  Hawaiian, as a courtesy did extend the expiration dates.  And yes, usually one year from purchase date.  Lucky for me, I fly back and forth enough to use up all the credits.  

And…you can’t combine travel credits or get a refund for unused portion.  

I use EZ Air most of the time for international travel. On my next ticket, I am “saving”  $3,000 (yes that many zeros for business class).  EZ Air has its perks and fine print.  

Of course, last minute flights are going to be more expensive.  There may not be a change fee, but definitely not going to get away with an even exchange if you initiate change.

Passengers like to blame Princess for the weather.  Passengers often want to blame EZ Air for airline issues (equipment changes, cancelled flights, etc).  I had Delta change my flight due to cancellation.  I called Delta.  They told me they could put me on an evening flight.  I called Ez Air, they got me a seat first flight of the morning.  

I will acknowledge that EZ Air is sometimes not the easiest to work with, but they have come through for me.  I know of some that have been totally frustrated with and will no longer use EZ Air.

• Like 4