Current policy for bringing Soda

artvlay

Sailing from Ft. Lauderdale and want to know how much soda can be brought onboard. It used to be 12 cans. Does that mean  2 - 12 can boxes if two are traveling?

• Like 1

I’m interested in this question as well.  We don’t drink alcohol, coffee or the smoothies but we like our Diet Coke.  The soda package price has reached the point of ridiculous for only soda.  So with the elite mini-bar set up and bringing soda cans onboard we would only buy a few from the bar.

• Like 2

I found it:

“Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non- alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests' hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic
containers prior to boarding.”

So it looks like each passenger can bring a 12 pack in carry on luggage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

Don't forget you can resupply during port visits.

Please provide the source for this. Thanks.

2 hours ago, dog said:

There isn't any particular reference, it's only what some people do at port stops. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I found it:

“Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non- alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests' hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic

Thanks

8 hours ago, artvlay said:

Sailing from Ft. Lauderdale and want to know how much soda can be brought onboard. It used to be 12 cans. Does that mean  2 - 12 can boxes if two are traveling?

Our experience is bring all you want.  We typically take 2-4 6 pack of plastic bottled of coke zero or 7up zero.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I found it:

Thanks,

sounds reasonable.

NCL, Celebrity, HAL no longer allow any!  Too many abused RULES, I assume.

9 hours ago, californiagirl said:

This is only what Princess publishes, not what people actually do when boarding.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Our experience is bring all you want.  We typically take 2-4 6 pack of plastic bottled of coke zero or 7up zero.

Bottles are not allowed on Princess, only sealed cans. 
See the multiple posts including the quote: Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non- alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles.

Edited by Ellipooh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

See the multiple posts including the quote: Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non- alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles.

Beg to differ, but in San Diego port stop I brought on 2 one liter bottles of Dr. Pepper.

No questions asked.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

12 hours ago, dog said:

It's a question of enforcement.  Personally, I've brought plastic bottles of water (up to gallon size) onboard.  In Hawaii, I've brought back 24 pack cases of Hawaiian Sun drinks from Costco with no problem.  Both of which are supposedly prohibited.

The best advice is YMMV.  Personally haven't experienced any problems with bringing onboard as much non-alcoholic beverages as I've been able to carry, in plastic bottles and cans.  

Meanwhile, I've seen a kid in Ketchikan try to bring onboard a souvenir toy sling shot and have ship security confiscate it for collection before disembarkation.  If it's not a safety risk, ship security tends to turn a blind eye as it's not worth the argument, if it were to ensue.  Kind of like how the dress code is only a suggestion, but not enforced, for the most part.

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dog said:

Lucky.

couple on my Galveston cruise had their case of plastic bottle water taken at embarkation.

I have seen a whole full can of it at security in both LA and San Francisco.  Some poets are pickier than others.  
I would be pretty sure they are more stringent during a spring break cruise than a 21 day transpacific cruise.  

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I found it:

Policy- thanks for posting.

I personally don’t care who ignores the policy. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

As I stated, "our experience".  Saw many bottles of soft drinks and water not from Princess on the ships.  Even princess has bottles they bring onboard.

50 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

As I stated, "our experience".  Saw many bottles of soft drinks and water not from Princess on the ships.  Even princess has bottles they bring onboard.

And you are right.  
Just be prepared that they can take them away even when you have seen others get away with it.

We were in Alaska last year and in Ketchikan we were at one of those trinket shops on Creek Street.  They had a cooler with individual cans of pop made by 49th State Brewing for sale.

https://www.49thstatebrewing.com/sodas/

They sold them cold and loose, but they had the plastic rings to make a 4 pack (or was it a 6 pack) at a small discount, and we did so.  I was concerned about bringing them back on board.  We showed them to security and they just nodded and we put them on the belt of the scanner and they made their way to the fridge in our cabin.

While this is very different than how much you can board the ship with at embarkation, I would say you are safe with a 12-pack per person.  I bet you could push it, but I'm not sure I would.

The pop from 49th State Brewing is excellent, worth looking for if you are on an Alaska cruise.

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Some people like to quote websites and what they can parrot from other social media posts.  I've never encountered an issue bringing shoreside beverage purchases on board regardless of container type.  Though realistically I seldom bring much more than a 6 pack of soda on board.  Though on a recent cruise I brought back a glass bottle each day for 3 consecutive day.  The first two days they were 750ml bottles (scotch, not wine,) and on the third day, a one liter bottle.  It was a transpacific cruise; I had to stock up for the voyage 😅.  Actually I brought too much, I ended up bringing home a whole bunch of the airline bottles from the mini-bar.  Didn't bring any soft drinks on board since I had to leave some from the mini-bar.  I did take one Coke and a bottle of carbonated water off the ship for consumption at the airport.

• Like 1