Suite Enhancements

19 minutes ago, markeb said:

Can't help much with Irish, but if you like the Japanese malts, bourbon and rum, try a finished Scotch. One I like that's not horribly overpriced is Glenmorangie Lasanta. It's finished in Sherry casks. Balvenie Caribbean Cask is finished in rum barrels, but it's about twice as expensive as the Glenmorangie.

Thanks.  I have a Glenfiddich 15 on my list to ry on our next cruise. 

19 minutes ago, markeb said:

(I assume you've been to the CGX in Centerville...)

Yes, that's where we occasionally go to get our Bailey's and I always browse their selections. I bought my last two bottles of Kirk & Sweeney Grand Reserva there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, markeb said:

Can't help much with Irish, but if you like the Japanese malts, bourbon and rum, try a finished Scotch. One I like that's not horribly overpriced is Glenmorangie Lasanta. It's finished in Sherry casks. Balvenie Caribbean Cask is finished in rum barrels, but it's about twice as expensive as the Glenmorangie.

I like the Glenmorangie Lasanta too. Cheers!  🥃🥃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2024 at 2:58 PM, mahasamatman said:

Silversea defintely does, and even Princess (ostensibly the same level as Celebrity) does.

We were in a Princess suite in March on Regal Princess.  I think we had 3 375ml bottles of liquor.  I will say the Princess is not the same level as Celebrity.  We were in a CS suite on Millennium last August.  Princess food is not the same quality as Celebrity.  Buffet not nearly as good.  No suite restaurant, just a separate section in the MDR.  .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jbcallender said:

We were in a Princess suite in March on Regal Princess.  I think we had 3 375ml bottles of liquor.  I will say the Princess is not the same level as Celebrity.  We were in a CS suite on Millennium last August.  Princess food is not the same quality as Celebrity.  Buffet not nearly as good.  No suite restaurant, just a separate section in the MDR.  .

We found Princess to be very close to Celebrity.  No there is not a completely separate suite dining area, but the area that IS the Reserve section is quite defined and service is excellent.  

We don't enjoy buffets on any line so that's not important to us.  The "full" suite perk of breakfast in Sabatini's was outstanding and superior to Luminae.

Our aft corner suite was wonderful and the balcony larger than any we've had on any ship.