Suite Enhancements

The laundry for upper suites was posted as twice per cruise. As bigbenboys said it was most likely changed from unlimited to twice per cruise because it was abused. In our experience, we were able to send out laundry as often as we wanted. I think it was pretty obvious to the butler that it was just our laundry. I'm sure if we tried to abuse it it would quickly revert to "twice per cruise".

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:42 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Signature suite is considered an upper suite...not sure what you're referring to.

Was asking if Signature suite gets complimentary access to Persian Gardens?  It says Royal Suite and above…Signature is a level below I believe.  Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, travel1light said:

Was asking if Signature suite gets complimentary access to Persian Gardens?  It says Royal Suite and above…Signature is a level below I believe.  Thanks. 

Oh gotcha!  Sorry, I was confused but yes, I think Signature is lower but it gets the included specialty dining and bottles of liquor so I just wondered. We are in the Signature suite in July so I guess we will find out. 

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Oh gotcha!  Sorry, I was confused but yes, I think Signature is lower but it gets the included specialty dining and bottles of liquor so I just wondered. We are in the Signature suite in July so I guess we will find out. 

I can let you know in the next few hours….haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Signature suites are above Royal Suite and below PH so yes get specialty dining, liquor and laundry.

• Thanks 1

Just off Beyond in a Magic Carpet suite. Some thoughts on our suite amenities:

-No photographer present at the Senior Officer's party in Retreat lounge (so no complimentary photo as previously)

-There was a real chocolate souffle served in Luminae one night which was so delicious! We were told this is usually only served once on a longer than 8-night cruise

-The lobster in Luminae (served only at one dinner and one lunch) was extremely tiny (basically only 2-3 bites)

-Filet mignon in Luminae (served only on last night) was outstanding

-The free slippers provided in room are much cheaper and not plush terry as previously

-No invitation to sail-aways, no bridge tours, etc. The only other Retreat activity was a silent disco in the Retreat lounge which we did not attend. 

-No extra free gifts or surprise appetizers/fruit in room other than 1 canvas tote bag on embarkation day and a bud vase with 2 flowers. We did get daily pillow chocolates.

-Butler was somewhat visible and he generally responded promptly to our minor requests--yay!

-We had to ask for loungers for the balcony. After 2-3 requests to different people they were provided on second day.

-Plenty of free bottled water provided in room daily without us having to ask.

-All Retreat lounge staff were always very proactive in asking if we needed drinks or assistance with anything

-Most nights in the theater they had areas roped off for the Premium Access guests but not Retreat guests. The only reserved seats for Retreat guests were for the 2 production shows. It wasn't a problem but I found it interesting that suite guests paying a lot more had less priority.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Signature suites are above Royal Suite and below PH so yes get specialty dining, liquor and laundry.

Ah, good to know!  I assumed they were below the RS because they are smaller and lack the wet bar or half bath.  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Most nights in the theater they had areas roped off for the Premium Access guests but not Retreat guests. The only reserved seats for Retreat guests were for the 2 production shows. It wasn't a problem but I found it interesting that suite guests paying a lot more had less priority.

huh...interesting.  We have a 10 night deluxe ocean view room booked on Beyond later this year.  I have considered adding the PAP for the wifi upgrade but the pass is pricey for a 10 night cruise and must be purchased for both guests...still it comes out to be a better deal than the Retreat...didn't figure it would take priority though.

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

huh...interesting.  We have a 10 night deluxe ocean view room booked on Beyond later this year.  I have considered adding the PAP for the wifi upgrade but the pass is pricey for a 10 night cruise and must be purchased for both guests...still it comes out to be a better deal than the Retreat...didn't figure it would take priority though.

Regarding our recent Beyond Retreat cruise--We like sitting in the balcony and always had a good theater seat when arriving 15-20 minutes early. By showtime there were usually only a few single seats scattered around the sides. The Premium Pass does not provide reserved seats in the Club or Eden and that is where seats for evening events filled up quite quickly and people had to stand.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Just off Beyond in a Magic Carpet suite. Some thoughts on our suite amenities:

-No photographer present at the Senior Officer's party in Retreat lounge (so no complimentary photo as previously)

-There was a real chocolate souffle served in Luminae one night which was so delicious! We were told this is usually only served once on a longer than 8-night cruise

-The lobster in Luminae (served only at one dinner and one lunch) was extremely tiny (basically only 2-3 bites)

-Filet mignon in Luminae (served only on last night) was outstanding

-The free slippers provided in room are much cheaper and not plush terry as previously

-No invitation to sail-aways, no bridge tours, etc. The only other Retreat activity was a silent disco in the Retreat lounge which we did not attend. 

-No extra free gifts or surprise appetizers/fruit in room other than 1 canvas tote bag on embarkation day and a bud vase with 2 flowers. We did get daily pillow chocolates.

-Butler was somewhat visible and he generally responded promptly to our minor requests--yay!

-We had to ask for loungers for the balcony. After 2-3 requests to different people they were provided on second day.

-Plenty of free bottled water provided in room daily without us having to ask.

-All Retreat lounge staff were always very proactive in asking if we needed drinks or assistance with anything

-Most nights in the theater they had areas roped off for the Premium Access guests but not Retreat guests. The only reserved seats for Retreat guests were for the 2 production shows. It wasn't a problem but I found it interesting that suite guests paying a lot more had less priority.

What was your stateroom/Suite number?  Any creaking/noise in the room? We will be in a Magic Carpet  Suite on the Beyond in 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.  Steve and Karen

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't think that's accurate.  Every sailing I look at shows Signature less expensive than Royal Suites.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yay!  Enjoy your cruise!  I would  love to know what you think of the room. Reviews are limited. 

Signature suites on Reflection (which we sailed 5 times) were our favorites before the Edge came along.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Yay!  Enjoy your cruise!  I would  love to know what you think of the room. Reviews are limited. 

IMG_6963.thumb.jpeg.5d32fc64e421a74119a11a84fffedf16.jpeg

Persian Gardens included with Reflection Suite. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, swooldri said:

What was your stateroom/Suite number?  Any creaking/noise in the room? We will be in a Magic Carpet  Suite on the Beyond in 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance.  Steve and Karen

We were in an end Magic Carpet 8220. Room was in excellent condition. Generally extremely quiet except for one night at sea. That one night it was very windy and there was constant loud creaking in the corner over the sofa bed next to balcony wall. It sounded like someone was slapping a leather belt on the wall along with a can rolling back and forth in that ceiling area. It kept me awake. Again, it was only that one night so perhaps a strap or something was loose outside. There was also a low level sewage small outside the cabin, particularly in the internal private corridor between the 2 rooms. We reported it to the cabin steward and he sprayed something most days which made it better but the smell never went away completely (Inside the room was fine). In the room were business cards for the butler, concierges and room steward. Several times we just called the butler if we needed anything and he followed through well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travel1light said:

IMG_6963.thumb.jpeg.5d32fc64e421a74119a11a84fffedf16.jpeg

Persian Gardens included with Reflection Suite. 

Flyer states lunch at speciality restaurants on sea days.  So looks like they are cutting out lunch on port days.  We always had lunch at Sushi on 5.  Also mini bar stocked with water, soda and beer.  What about mixers for alcohol, I always asked for diet tonic water and Sugar Free Red Bull for my husband.  

The Reflection Suite is a lot fancier than the Signature Suite.  I just sailed in a Signature Suite and enjoyed the amenities that seemed to match the Royal Suite.  (But watch out for the hazardous humongous shower/tub.  I’m convinced it was trying to kill me.)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

Flyer states lunch at speciality restaurants on sea days.  So looks like they are cutting out lunch on port days.  We always had lunch at Sushi on 5.  Also mini bar stocked with water, soda and beer.  What about mixers for alcohol, I always asked for diet tonic water and Sugar Free Red Bull for my husband.  

No issues with mixers, plenty in our fridge.  Lunches booked on both port and sea days, will let you know.  My guess is still sorting out the communication on the changes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

In size or price???...  I find them smaller and cost less.

4 minutes ago, billc23 said:

In size or price???...  I find them smaller and cost less.

They are not above the Royal Suite, they are smaller in both size and price than the Royal Suite.

• Like 1

I agree they are smaller than RS and I guess now priced less as well.  When introduced they were positioned above RS I guess for the reason they were exclusive with the private hallway with the Reflection suite and were priced above RS.    I know they haven't historically sold as well as Royals and I guess they now sell for less.

I went to the Ships section on the Celebrity site and looked at retreat accommodations which are typically listed in order top to bottom.  For Reflection they list Reflection , Signature, Penthouse, Royal, Celebrity, Aqua, Sky.

It doesn't really matter.  The question was about inclusions and yes Signature suites are considered a top suite and get's all the inclusions of a RS.

• Like 2