Extension cord for pre-cruise use

My father carry the extension nexto to the CPAP machine, cruise in several cruise lines and ships and never had a problem. I guess that when they see it next to the cpap machine it seems like an extension from the machine, not one extension apart from the machine. While in the cruise he only uses the one provided by the ship.

8 hours ago, Brandis said:

We both need a CPAP, plus 2 phones, a watch, an iPad and headphones, that makes 7 things to charge, never had a hotel with that many plugs, especially not in one place. And since we have different plugs, only one adapter is needed for the power strip. 

Why do you have to charge 7 things in one place?  CPAP needs to be by the bed.  I get that.  A phone (or two) might need to be by the bed (for an alarm).  While I can see the convenience of having other things by the bed, it's not required. 

If it's that necessary, get a multiport USB power block.  The phones, watch, iPad, and headphones can all charge off of that.  https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Charging-Station-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B0BN3PHRVZ?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=AZ0DDGX9CVX46&th=1.  Pretty sure they're allowed on cruises. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Why do you have to charge 7 things in one place?  CPAP needs to be by the bed.  I get that.  A phone (or two) might need to be by the bed (for an alarm).  While I can see the convenience of having other things by the bed, it's not required. 

If it's that necessary, get a multiport USB power block.  The phones, watch, iPad, and headphones can all charge off of that.  https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Charging-Station-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B0BN3PHRVZ?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=AZ0DDGX9CVX46&th=1.  Pretty sure they're allowed on cruises. 

Yes, the USB blocks are allowed.  I carry a small one as does my DH. We normally charge 1 thing at a time each at most.  

My fitbit and DH's smart watch both only require charging every 5 or so days.  Phones we plug in overnight to charge.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I do have one of those, but again, with a Swiss plug, so I still would need another adapter for that. With the power bar, I only need one of those. I prefer to travel as light as possible.

6 minutes ago, Brandis said:

I do have one of those, but again, with a Swiss plug, so I still would need another adapter for that. With the power bar, I only need one of those. I prefer to travel as light as possible.

But if the cruise line won't allow the power strip, sounds like you need something else.   Not sure if they have something like this for swiss outlets (https://www.harborfreight.com/three-way-grounded-adapter-47962.html?event_id=182713&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=19160190702&campaignid=19160190702&utm_content=149829359248&adsetid=149829359248&product=47962&store=3016&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3tCyBhDBARIsAEY0XNkKFp2KAg-3cBq8cAnM8ZeCha4Gh07TP41A1EP4DdtJia6dOmrIEHcaAuqSEALw_wcB), but then you'd only need a single adapter. 

As I wrote before, I won't need to charge all the other stuff most time while on the cruise. The power strip is just for the pre- and after cruise hotels.

Plus, on the ship I still can use the 2 prong European plugs Radiance has in the cabins as well.

Reach out to your pre-cruise hotel.  See if they will store your power strip until you get off the cruise.  Get off the cruise, stop by the hotel, pick up the power strip, and move on.  Even better if you're staying at the same hotel pre & post.  

We're flying into Anchorage, do the pre-cruise there, then sail down to Vancouver and stay a few more days there before flying back home.

33 minutes ago, Brandis said:

We're flying into Anchorage, do the pre-cruise there, then sail down to Vancouver and stay a few more days there before flying back home.

Well, so much for my idea then. 😛  

Another possible option... ship the power strip from the first hotel to the second.  This would require confirming with the 2nd hotel that they would accept packages for future guests.  

Or just plan on turning over the strip to the ship (I'd pack it in my CPAP bag and carry it on and hope for the best) and remembering to reclaim it when you disembark. 

10 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Or just plan on turning over the strip to the ship (I'd pack it in my CPAP bag and carry it on and hope for the best) and remembering to reclaim it when you disembark. 

That es my plan all along, I just try to find out, which way will be the least hassle.

Like others have mentioned, I honestly don't think that there will be a need to bring an extension cord to the hotel. In all the hotels that I've ever stayed in over the years, not once have we ever needed an extension cord for hubby's CPAP, as there are outlets right by the bed. If you do, you could always ask the front desk for one. Why buy an extension cord for one night of use? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I already have one. Some hotels don‘t have that many plugs, and since we have 2 CPAP, I already need 2 plugs for that. After the cruise, we stay in AirBnBs.

Just want to be prepared, we‘re talking Alaska, after all. While the Anchorage Marriott should be fine, Talkeetna Lodge, while a very nice hotel, is a bit more basic and Denali Park Village even more so.

I‘ve stayed in some pretty pricey hotels in Alaska that didn‘t have TVs in the room at the time. Looking at you, Skagwy Westmark!

Edited by Brandis

4 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

You will be fine.  What’s the worst that can happen?  

At best, nothing. If I put it in the check luggage, it might delay delivery to the cabin or delay boarding. As I said, just going through the options