New to Celebrity...Questions

Hello,  I will be cruising on Celebrity for the first time.  Will be on the Constellation. I know it is older and smaller ship but I a ok with that.  Main question is I am looking at the non alcoholic drink package but was curious the cost of the fancy coffee drinks, soda, bottled water and smoothies?  Need to determine if it will be cost effective.  Also, any tips or hints either about the ship or Celebrity in general?  Any information will be appreciated.  

8 minutes ago, unicorn63 said:

Hello,  I will be cruising on Celebrity for the first time.  Will be on the Constellation. I know it is older and smaller ship but I a ok with that.  Main question is I am looking at the non alcoholic drink package but was curious the cost of the fancy coffee drinks, soda, bottled water and smoothies?  Need to determine if it will be cost effective.  Also, any tips or hints either about the ship or Celebrity in general?  Any information will be appreciated.  

Welcome to Celebrity. Here are menus from about a year ago

Here are photos of Cafe Al Bacio menu as of February 2023

• Thanks 1

PTC Dawg-No idea what you are talking about,  I an trying to do a cost analysis to know if I will drink enough coffee, soda etc to make it worth my while to purchase the package,  Since I have never sailed on Celebrity I do not know their prices,  

Water and soft drinks run about $5 per.  Some bars seem to be a bit higher or lower but the average I found was $5.  No clue about coffee because I don't drink it.

DH doesn't drink alcohol. I budget $4 for soft drinks, $6 for fancy coffees at Cafe al Baccia, and probably $10 for things like NA smoothies, Pina colada, etc. 

Reminder that fountain juices, iced tea, regular coffee, tea & cold and hot water are no charge in the buffet at any time. Plus during meals. 

Just off Apex. If you are sailing out of UK, espresso based coffees are $6 for an americano, I think $5 for an espresso, as they have included the 20% ‘gratuity’ in the price. We only drink one caffeinated coffee a day, but didn’t manage that as there wasn’t enough seating near il Baccio. The coffee in the buffet was surprisingly drinkable, and there were fruit juices and fruit flavoured drinks available all day. Ice machines and water too, so no need for us to buy bottled water. A good selection of teas, including herbal ones. 

I personally have never found the beverage package to be "cost effective" but they are "mentally comforting".  IOW, you're paying more for the relaxation of not caring or feeling "should I try..." sort of thing.  

The "free" coffee and tea and water is very good. And buying a random espresso based drink or a soda is going to be much less expensive than any package, but you sort of have to weigh what you want more - savings or pampering.  

We've done both but as Celebrity has evolved their pricing plans over the years, I'm less and less inclined to want/need a beverage package of any sort which is greatly simplified by Elite status happy hour (which is when I normally have a beer at home).  

• Like 1