Azamara in Marseille question

Mrs.Dukes

Hello. We will be on the Pursuit Best of the Med in July. Our first port stop is Marseille. Trying to find out where we will be docked. I have read on here that Azamara usually docks in town. Does anyone know if they ever dock at the larger cruise terminal further outside of town? I have a non-Azamara tour booked, and just trying to figure out where we will be docked. I did call Azamara customer service, and she had trouble finding out for sure. She is supposed to be getting back to me. Just wondering if anyone had any insight, thanks.

49 minutes ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

Hello. We will be on the Pursuit Best of the Med in July. Our first port stop is Marseille. Trying to find out where we will be docked. I have read on here that Azamara usually docks in town. Does anyone know if they ever dock at the larger cruise terminal further outside of town? I have a non-Azamara tour booked, and just trying to figure out where we will be docked. I did call Azamara customer service, and she had trouble finding out for sure. She is supposed to be getting back to me. Just wondering if anyone had any insight, thanks.

Just read on another site that one of the ships is docked right in Town today.

We have visited years ago and we were within walking distance.

• Like 1

Several years ago we were docked at the larger cruise terminal and a shuttle was provided. 

According to most posts I have read on this forum that location was an anomaly.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 6:24 PM, Mrs.Dukes said:

We docked at Promenade Robert Lafonte. 10 minutes to old harbour.

• Like 1

You must check to see which port--- last year I was on for several back to back cruises (on another cruise line). the first time I walked to the town from the ship== the second time it was a shuttle bus into town.

5 hours ago, Utopia1 said:

You must check to see which port--- last year I was on for several back to back cruises (on another cruise line). the first time I walked to the town from the ship== the second time it was a shuttle bus into town.

Thanks. I did call Azamara, the rep didn’t know. She sent me the generic port information for Marseille. I also emailed customer service and haven’t received a response. Very frustrating.

There will be 3 cruise ship docking in Marseille July 14

The Pursuit docks at 8 am

The Costa Toscana and MSC Orchestra are both scheduled to dock at 9 am

With all this information I still don't know where we dock-- the smaller ships usually dock at the port closer to town. It is a lovely walk into town

You might want to check the Marseille port schedule.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2024 at 12:20 AM, Utopia1 said:

There will be 3 cruise ship docking in Marseille July 14

The Pursuit docks at 8 am

The Costa Toscana and MSC Orchestra are both scheduled to dock at 9 am

With all this information I still don't know where we dock-- the smaller ships usually dock at the port closer to town. It is a lovely walk into town

You might want to check the Marseille port schedule.

Azamara customer service did finally respond to my email (took almost 3 weeks.) They said we are scheduled to dock in town at the Juliette cruise terminal, however port authorities can change our docking location. 

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to my question, I appreciate it.

So now you think you are docked there, but the "port authorities can change" it – and then Azamara will get the blame!  This is why they don't announce in advance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So now you think you are docked there, but the "port authorities can change" it – and then Azamara will get the blame!  This is why they don't announce in advance.

Yes, I totally understand that. I am just trying to be prepared for how to meet my tour. I have no plans on blaming Azamara if it changes, I know it’s not up to them, but, you’re right, people in general do often blame the cruise line for things that are out of their control. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think sharing in advance with the appropriate caveats is absolutely the right thing to do to help with planning. Azamara cruisers are a realistic lot. They understand about the port authorities. Not announcing is a “we know but we don’t trust you to know” attitude if that is the cruise lines reasons. 
Id rather the cruise lines shared with caveats their actual expectations rather than rely on people’s guesses on forums 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

Yes, I totally understand that. I am just trying to be prepared for how to meet my tour. I have no plans on blaming Azamara if it changes, I know it’s not up to them, but, you’re right, people in general do often blame the cruise line for things that are out of their control. 

Glad you have received some clarity.

I wish I could remember the exact time involved in the transfer from the furthest berths just outside Marseilles, but I think it was about 20 minutes. The drop-off and pick-up for the transfer was near an overpass just a very short walk from the berths in the city itself.

So even if you dock there it should be quite possible to join your tour with minimal stress.

• Like 3