WHICH IS THE CORRECT PRINCESS APP??

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Outerdog said:

No else is experiencing whatever problem it is you seem to be experiencing, I can assure you.

I called Princess. I was told they are having all sorts of problems with the app this week ranging from booking meals to booking tours to not showing proper status for people and likely my problems with the check in. Not all people are having a problem and they are working on a fix!!! She said to give it 3 to 5 days. I can assure you there seems to be problems!

Edited by Nikkibird
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

I called Princess. I was told they are having all sorts of problems with the app this week ranging from booking meals to booking tours to not showing proper status for people and likely my problems with the check in. Not all people are having a problem and they are working on a fix!!! She said to give it 3 to 5 days. I can assure you there seems to be problems!

If I were what is now the terrible outsourced Princess customer service people, that's what I'd tell you too.

4 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Also...your cruise is almost 2 years away. It may simply just not be allowing you to complete everything because it's so far off. 

No, as long as you have a booked cruise you should be able to log in and see it on the app.  You may not be able to do much with the booking, but you should always be able to log in and at least see it.

• Like 2

The password requirements for the website are as follows:

image.thumb.png.2739485d1c18a3b72d6072f65f98c732.png

*Supposedly*, the app uses the same requirements.  (At one point, probably a year or so back it was discovered that there was one symbol that one system accepted and the other did not!  I don't recall what symbol it was...but I think that got resolved.)

@Nikkibird

Here is another thread that might help with the problem you are having:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2906368-medallion-app-login-question/

Rest assured...other people definitely *have* had issues with getting the passwords "synced".  I currently *can* log in using the same credentials.  I *believe* the two systems are actually using two different credential databases, meaning that you can have one set of credentials for the website and one for the app.  NOBODY really wants to keep track of 2 different sets so the strong desire is to have them "synced".  

I may very well be mistaken about the 2 credential databases *now*.  I know absolutely that this used to be the case, hence the reason that they had the issue with one particular symbol being accepted in one and not the other.  They got a lot of grief and complaints on this...they may very well have fixed that issue. (IDK)

Good luck in getting this resolved.  It is definitely possible to get them synced!

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The password requirements for the website are as follows:

image.thumb.png.2739485d1c18a3b72d6072f65f98c732.png

*Supposedly*, the app uses the same requirements.  (At one point, probably a year or so back it was discovered that there was one symbol that one system accepted and the other did not!  I don't recall what symbol it was...but I think that got resolved.)

@Nikkibird

Here is another thread that might help with the problem you are having:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2906368-medallion-app-login-question/

Rest assured...other people definitely *have* had issues with getting the passwords "synced".  I currently *can* log in using the same credentials.  I *believe* the two systems are actually using two different credential databases, meaning that you can have one set of credentials for the website and one for the app.  NOBODY really wants to keep track of 2 different sets so the strong desire is to have them "synced".  

I may very well be mistaken about the 2 credential databases *now*.  I know absolutely that this used to be the case, hence the reason that they had the issue with one particular symbol being accepted in one and not the other.  They got a lot of grief and complaints on this...they may very well have fixed that issue. (IDK)

Good luck in getting this resolved.  It is definitely possible to get them synced!

OMG thank you so much Rick. Nice to see someone believes there could be an app problem!

I do have the correct requirements for my password. I read through the link you shared. Thank you!

I didn't want to change the password at this point but I did log out and then sign in with my booking number.

And.... it works fine now!

So now maybe I will change my password using a different special character in case it doesn't like the "!"

Thank you for helping me work this out without all the negativity others seem to give.

Edited by Nikkibird
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Also...your cruise is almost 2 years away. It may simply just not be allowing you to complete everything because it's so far off. 

Good point...when does the OP's credit card expire? The app might not like a card that would expired before the sail date.

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Good point...when does the OP's credit card expire? The app might not like a card that would expired before the sail date.

It won't accept a cc that expires before your cruise date. I had one that does so used that for ship account.

When I recently tried to open the old App, it said I needed to download the new one.   Which I did!  

The new App wouldn't accept my existing password.  Says it must be 8 characters, etc.  So, I had to try to create a new password by pretending I forgot my old one. When I entered the new legal password in the prompt, I got a note saying due to technical difficulties I had to call 1-800-Princess.  I would rather go to the dentist than call that number, so I didn't.  Tried again just now and was able to successfully change the password.  I know.  I know.  I'm putting you guys to sleep.     

• Haha 2