WHICH IS THE CORRECT PRINCESS APP??

I am confused as to which is the correct Princess Mediallion App to use for check-in, reserving meal times, tours, etc. I have both of these which are totally different. I completed our check in yesterday in the Ocean Ready one and got all done except it won't complete the Mediallion order. Is there a time period this can be done? We are 500 days out.

Also, I had green ticks on everything except the choose your Medallion order and then later a yellow tick on the contract and payment icons even though I completed them. 

And if I go to the Princess App it shows different ticks than the Ocean Ready app.

I'm very confused with their apps!

Screenshot_20240524_133839_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240524_133202_Princess.jpg

The first image is the old app. It shouldn't work anymore. Delete it and use the new app shown in the second image.

I have booked my 1st Princess cruise for 2026, have confirmation and email from Princess and followed link to download the app. After may attempts and reinstalling numerous times I still cant log on. Tried with my website log in details, which work on website. also tried through booking number but keeps saying invalid data.

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

why wait?

I really don’t want to have a whole bunches of medallions floating around the house for 4-6 cruises I have booked for the next year or so. Things like that tend to get lost

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I really don’t want to have a whole bunches of medallions floating around the house for 4-6 cruises I have booked for the next year or so. Things like that tend to get lost

you can order as early as you want...they aren't going to arrive until a few weeks before each cruise, so you won't have them all over the house

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

you can order as early as you want...they aren't going to arrive until a few weeks before each cruise, so you won't have them all over the house

Good point but it does give me something to look forward to

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

It's the same as the last time you asked.

Yes it is the same question I asked! But I have yet to get the Princess App above to work half the time and get error messages all the time. But the other one - Ocean Ready always let's me in and look at my booking and for the most part, let me do my check in other than its not keeping all my green ticks. The other app seems so far useless and very frustrating. Are you telling me it works perfectly for you?

5 hours ago, holidaylover10 said:

I have booked my 1st Princess cruise for 2026, have confirmation and email from Princess and followed link to download the app. After may attempts and reinstalling numerous times I still cant log on. Tried with my website log in details, which work on website. also tried through booking number but keeps saying invalid data.

I had a similar problem a few years ago.  Turned out the app required a password with a special character in it and the web site didn't.  Changed my web site password and then I was able to use the app.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

The first image is the old app. It shouldn't work anymore. Delete it and use the new app shown in the second image.

I'm giving up! I have done the contract 5 times for both of us and the credit card is entered and shows there. I cannot get the ticks on either of those items. It also gives me an error message when trying to check out on our Mediallion orders. VERY FRUSTRATING!Screenshot_20240524_200335_Princess.thumb.jpg.1d2a117ec6512c0aa5ada77ee2495bc1.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nikkibird said:

The other app seems so far useless and very frustrating. Are you telling me it works perfectly for you?

Yes. It works fine. You're giving this more drama and angst than it needs.

Delete both apps.

Install the correct app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.princesscruises&pcampaignid=web_share

Try again.

Alternatively, use the web version:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/personalInformationDocuments

Edited by Outerdog

Agree with @Outerdog...eliminate any possible confusion by deleting BOTH from your device.  That *should* clear out any conflicting data that might be hanging around.  Then download the only one that is now available and go with that one.  Your password that you use on the website *should* work on the app...but @LeeW points out a very important distinction that just might be biting you as far as "special" characters you may be using.

1 hour ago, Outerdog said:

Yes. It works fine. You're giving this more drama and angst than it needs.

Delete both apps.

Install the correct app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carnival.gxi.princesscruises&pcampaignid=web_share

Try again.

Alternatively, use the web version:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/personalInformationDocuments

I have deleted and reinstalled your first link 3 times and rebooted after each delete.

Your second link is the Ocean Ready app that several people have said not to use.

@Rick&Jeannie ... My password has always had a special character.

I'm not causing drama! I'm just asking if anyone else is experiencing the same problems and trying to work out a fix. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Nikkibird said:

I have deleted and reinstalled your first link 3 times and rebooted after each delete.

Your second link is the Ocean Ready app that several people have said not to use.

@Rick&Jeannie ... My password has always had a special character.

I'm not causing drama! I'm just asking if anyone else is experiencing the same problems and trying to work out a fix. 

It's not my link. It's Princess's link from their website. It goes to the Android Play Store.

The second link is a web version, also linked from Princess's website. It runs in the browser and is not an app.

No else is experiencing whatever problem it is you seem to be experiencing, I can assure you.

Edited by Outerdog

Just now, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Ok. I was just wondering because there was an update three days ago. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I deleted and reinstalled today. 

• Like 1