Cancelling pre booked excursions

Yes, but not online. Just call the O number on the website and they'll take care of it (and any replacements/additions). Don't forget to request the pdfs showing your itemized shorex purchases and confirmations.

We prebooked 6 excursions.  Got the 25% discount. Later the itinerary changed. Port cancelled was where we had an excursion. That excursion was cancelled.  That dropped us down to 5 excursions. The remaining 5 excursions were not enough for the 25% discount.  Total of the 5 excursions went up to full price. Called O and was told that we needed to book another excursion to get the 25% discount again. We booked a 6th tour.  Got the discount. 
on ship now.  We decided to cancel 2 tours and rebook 2 less strenuous tours. Got the refund of the 2 prebooked tours.  The new tours are posted at full price. That puts us over the shore credit.  Destination services told us that it took a few days to post the discount.  Contact reception. It’s 4 days since we rebooked and there isn’t any discount showing on the account. Called reception and was told to contact destination services. Called them and was told the discount isn’t posted until the end of the cruise.  I will be pleasantly amazed if that happens.  Finding Simply More is creating new kind of problems.  More people are booking excursions. The buses are packed. 50 guests  Listening to a guide on a bus is ok. Listening to guide while walking is not ok. There are no listening devices. Only the few people close to guide can hear.  The level of difficulty is not often accurate.  Excursions fill up quickly. When we wanted to switch to less strenuous tours, many tours were sold out.  

When you call to cancel, make sure to confirm refund amount & the way it’s posted. If you want CC refunded you need to specify that.

I recently cancelled an excursion a few wks prior to FP & ok’d it being applied to that. Didn’t add up on invoice so I called & spoke with a very rude agent. He told me $77 had been applied to FP ($325 excursion) & when I questioned him he repeated his statement but yelling this time & transferred me to another dept who nicely explained they only help on current cruises.

Before calling my TA I checked the invoice again & saw that all but $100 was credited, which explains the $100 SBC that had suddenly appeared on my acct the week prior.

Keep your own records of everything you book & change to make sure your acct matches.

I had  similar experience.   Oceania swapped a port which I had booked a tour on.    After two weeks it was not cancelled so I called.  They asked me to call back in 2 weeks to see if it was automatically cancelled.    Nothing.

I called again and this time they cancelled and refunded to original form of payment. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 5:22 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I had  similar experience.   Oceania swapped a port which I had booked a tour on.    After two weeks it was not cancelled so I called.  They asked me to call back in 2 weeks to see if it was automatically cancelled.    Nothing.

I called again and this time they cancelled and refunded to original form of payment. 

It shouldn’t be this hard for them to do the right thing the first time. No wonder we need a cruise- to relax from the stress of parenting a business we are giving thousands to.

We had the opposite experience to “Excursions fill up quickly. When we wanted to switch to less strenuous tours, many tours were sold out.” on our recent Sirena cruise. Three of the less strenuous tours we needed because of my wife’s walking restrictions and had booked several months in advance were cancelled the day before leaving us with no alternative options.