Celebrity Edge Specialty Restaurant Lunches

Posted (edited)

Hello,

We are sailing on the celebrity Edge without access to Luninae or Blu.  Can someone tell me which Edge specialty restaurants serve lunch, their cost per person, and if they are open on all days?

Also, do Edge specialty restaurants use the dinner menu at lunch or something different?

Thank you.

Edited by annandme

I was on the EDGE on the May 11 Vancouver - Seattle Alaska sailing (it was a 6 night cruise). 

Raw on Five was open most days for lunch, except embarkation day and Skagway (the all day port-of-call).  Also, the Magic Carpet was stationed there during our lunch on the last Sea Day, and we were there long enough to watch it move from Deck 5 to it's home on Deck 14. 

Le Grand Bistro (cover charge) was open for lunch on the Sea Days and Glacier Viewing day

The Rooftop Grille (cover charge) was opened (weather permitting) during Sea Days and Glacier Viewing day.  

At least during our cruise, if a main dining room was opened for a sit down lunch service, it was the Cosmopolitan.

The restaurant schedule is available in your copy of Celebrity Today, and daily on your phone app. 

• Like 1

If you are interested in making specialty restaurant dinner reservations, you will see crew members walking around the Buffet with menus on Embarkation day, as well as outside Eden.  They can check dining availability and reserve your spot.

There was one specialty lunch offered in Eden call Seafood Shack scheduled on one of the Sea Days.  We were not interested, so I didn't check prices or what the menu looked like.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I was on the EDGE on the May 11 Vancouver - Seattle Alaska sailing (it was a 6 night cruise). 

Raw on Five was open most days for lunch, except embarkation day and Skagway (the all day port-of-call).  Also, the Magic Carpet was stationed there during our lunch on the last Sea Day, and we were there long enough to watch it move from Deck 5 to it's home on Deck 14. 

Le Grand Bistro (cover charge) was open for lunch on the Sea Days and Glacier Viewing day

The Rooftop Grille (cover charge) was opened (weather permitting) during Sea Days and Glacier Viewing day.  

At least during our cruise, if a main dining room was opened for a sit down lunch service, it was the Cosmopolitan.

The restaurant schedule is available in your copy of Celebrity Today, and daily on your phone app. 

Thank you for the information.  Do you remember the Le Grand Bistro's cover charge cost for lunch?

Edited by annandme

2 minutes ago, annandme said:

Thank you for the information.  Do you remember the Le Grand Bistro's cover charge cost for lunch?

Sorry I don't.

We also didn't have Luminea or Blu (we usually book Aqua, but not this cruise), so we bought the 3 meal specialty restaurant package before we sailed (1 lunch, 2 dinners).  We also booked 2 separate dinners in Eden. We love Asian food so we did the one lunch, and one dinner in Raw on Five, and the remaining dinner was at Le Petit Chef, which was actually fun.  And, as I said, we also had two reservations in Eden.  

If I was doing it again, I think I would give the Rooftop Grille a try, especially on one of the really long port days so you could minimize the cold wind while sailing by eating there while the ship was in still in port

• Thanks 1

We spent 40 nights on the Edge last fall, and at that time Le Grand Bistro's lunch was priced at $30 per person.  I have read that pricing has since changed to al la carte.  We dined there 6 or 7 times for lunch and throughly enjoyed it.  At dinner this venue becomes Le Petite Chef.

During our time on the Edge lunch was served at the Rooftop Garden Grill.  We dined there 1 or 2 times and I don't remember the price.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We spent 40 nights on the Edge last fall, and at that time Le Grand Bistro's lunch was priced at $30 per person.  I have read that pricing has since changed to al la carte.  We dined there 6 or 7 times for lunch and throughly enjoyed it.  At dinner this venue becomes Le Petite Chef.

During our time on the Edge lunch was served at the Rooftop Garden Grill.  We dined there 1 or 2 times and I don't remember the price.  

Just off Edge and Le Grand Bistro's lunch was $30... we also had 15% off with Elite + discount.  They forgot to take it off on our first visit, and were so upset that happened they comped our second visit.  We found the food to be a nice change from the buffet on sea days and fairly priced.  You can order as many or as few items as you want... and despite them saying you needed reservations, both times we were there had many available tables as they were only open 12-1:30pm.

• Thanks 1

We also thoroughly enjoyed it and wished that Le Grand Bistro was open for dinner as, for us, Le Petite Chef was a once and done experience (we did LPC in 2019 and haven't returned).  And we had no issues with having our Zenith discount applied without asking, nor did we ever bother with reservations.

We were on Edge for a B2B last month in Australia/New Zealand.  We had lunch in Grand Bistro multiple times, the food and service was excellent each time.  The first time when presented with the menu, we asked if it was a set price or A La Carte, and they said ‘either’.  Most of the time we had a sandwich (which included a side), or a salad. They charged a la carte, which was around $15 pp.  used the bev package for drinks.  One day I had a salad and entree, and we split dessert.  That time was the only time we were charged the set dining price  and even then it was for 1 person + the a la carte sandwich price.  

Australia and New Zealand have cultures on tipping and laws about taxes and fee being included in the posted pricing.  The max premium beverage price was $20 not $17.   I mention this as I am not sure if A La Carte pricing is a new thing in Grand Bistro, or was implemented while in those countries.

• Thanks 1