Any tips for first time Seascape YC interior?

Corriegr

Going on B2B cruises on June 8th/15th  and our agent got us an absolute steal in an YC interior having previously done YC twice on Virtuosa in a balcony cabin and  an upgrade onboard to a Royal Suite. We know this is a bit of a risk and I guess we might have to manage ourselves better with limited space although we are not really cabin dwellers and love the sundeck. Any tips on how to make the most of the cabin?

We were in Euribia in March in YC interior. We packed a medium suitcase and a backpack (think travel across Europe) plus a smaller carry-on bag each for six weeks in Europe. I'm not sure how it compares with Virtuosa, but probably more similar than not. Packing cubes work great to put on the shelves and we only hung very few items. There was space under the bed for our bags. There were hooks by the door that we put our jackets and my purse, so you might want some hooks for something like that if they aren't provided.  We also had the coffee maker removed for a little more counter space. I didn't think the shower was too bad (and I'm not very small), however the toilet was pretty cramped. 

My thought is you can make anything work for a little while. It was also nice to shower in the spa, although I wasn't thrilled with that set up either for a newer ship. The spa was pretty great though! 

Whenever we've had a YIN the things I find most useful are,  magnetic hooks, you can use on the ceiling for long items and we always use on the walls for hats and bags etc. I always take space extending coat hanger attachments. And,I always pack a few thin wire or plastic hangers. The hangers in the cabin are quite large, you can fit lots more in the closet using smaller hangers. A night light, great help if you get up in the night. 

Another very useful tip, have the outside view from the webcam on the TV. 

We were on a cold climate cruise so had lots of jumpers, but used one of our suitcases under the bed as extra storage for those. 

With a bit a planning a YIN has plenty of space. I'm just staying to prepare for my next in two weeks. 

As @mnpurple stated earlier - packing cubes are very helpful in YIN cabins.  We left much of our stuff in packing cubes until they were needed.  The nice thing about interior cabin bathrooms being small, is that a very hot shower and a little wrinkle remover spray removes all traces of things being kept in packing cubes!

I wish I would have thought about asking for the coffee maker to be removed - it definitely would have given a bit more counter space, especially since we never used it.

Organization makes it work!

19 hours ago, Corriegr said:

Going on B2B cruises on June 8th/15th  and our agent got us an absolute steal in an YC interior having previously done YC twice on Virtuosa in a balcony cabin and  an upgrade onboard to a Royal Suite. We know this is a bit of a risk and I guess we might have to manage ourselves better with limited space although we are not really cabin dwellers and love the sundeck. Any tips on how to make the most of the cabin?

What cabin, we had 16019, under YC kitchen? Terrible location, ended up getting a cabin in general population to sleep in.

2 hours ago, rikitikitavii said:

What cabin, we had 16019, under YC kitchen? Terrible location, ended up getting a cabin in general population to sleep in.

No we were in that cabin but after earlier reviews, we moved to 16041

My opinion is the YC Inside cabin was perfect for me when I cruised solo.  Do not know if I could share.  I took up the whole closet and it did feel a little small.  The shower and bathroom was not luxurious as I had previously in NCL Haven. 

But the price, even at 200% for solo, was worth it and I would do it again.  

6 hours ago, DMH15 said:

My opinion is the YC Inside cabin was perfect for me when I cruised solo.  Do not know if I could share.  I took up the whole closet and it did feel a little small.  The shower and bathroom was not luxurious as I had previously in NCL Haven. 

But the price, even at 200% for solo, was worth it and I would do it again.  

So you've gone to the dark side I see away from NCL.  MSC does have some yc non solo upcharge sailings.

On 5/27/2024 at 2:58 PM, rikitikitavii said:

We are in cabin 16025.  Will we have the same problem?  There are currently openings on deck 18 and 19.  Should we move our cabin?

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

So you've gone to the dark side I see away from NCL.  MSC does have some yc non solo upcharge sailings.

I would do either YC and Haven again.  Both have been wonderful.  It just made sense as a solo to do YC with the interior room.  

i have not cruised since COVID. I had a senior dog with some health issues (who I lost in Oct.) that kept me home and now have too many issues at work to consider a cruise longer than 3 or 4 days.  But hope that changes in 2025.  

HAPPY CRUISING. 

On 5/29/2024 at 9:41 AM, Mutzi S. said:

We are in cabin 16025.  Will we have the same problem?  There are currently openings on deck 18 and 19.  Should we move our cabin?

As far as I know, we were the only ones that complained about the noise, so I don’t know.

On 5/27/2024 at 3:58 PM, rikitikitavii said:

I had the same issue in same number  on Seashore. They tried to make me believe no one had complained about it before!!  No place to move so had to put up with it. I’m a light sleeper. Ear plugs didn’t help. 

On 5/29/2024 at 9:41 AM, Mutzi S. said:

Just check deck plans to make sure what’s over your location. 

45 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Just check deck plans to make sure what’s over your location. 

One of the tips I see often is check deck plan and make sure all sides including above and below are cabins.

• Like 1