Did the Celebrity website get hacked

neetyl

I just looked at my account for our cruise scheduled for June 29 which I paid off on March 31, I go to my Reservation details and now it says I owe an additional $5332.00 . i must not be the only one I have been on hold waiting to speak with an agent going on 30 minutes

Posted (edited)

Did you make any changes to your cruise? We had problems when we changed something and it caused a discount to fall off the reservation.  They should be able to correct it. It will help if you have your original booking so you can double check all of the discount codes. 

Edited by Water_Baby_

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, neetyl said:

I just looked at my account for our cruise scheduled for June 29 which I paid off on March 31, I go to my Reservation details and now it says I owe an additional $5332.00 . i must not be the only one I have been on hold waiting to speak with an agent going on 30 minutes

You should have a Celerity booking confirmation that shows the balance at zero from your March 31 payment. (Or the equivalent form your travel agent if you booked through one).  Relax. Hacked (which is not likely) or not your booking is in tact and will be confirmed based on that.  Probably just some IT glitch.

I also just checked our paid in full booking for our June cruise through the Celebrity site and nothing was amiss with ours.  Yours most likely is just an IT thing as mentioned.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I finally got through, after looking at my account they said there was a “glitch” in the system. They quickly removed the extra charges . I asked if this was system wide , I didn’t get a response. Keep an eye on your account for “glitches” not just for the extra charge but also the warning to make payment so that your cruise is not cancelled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neetyl said:

I finally got through, after looking at my account they said there was a “glitch” in the system. They quickly removed the extra charges . I asked if this was system wide , I didn’t get a response. Keep an eye on your account for “glitches” not just for the extra charge but also the warning to make payment so that your cruise is not cancelled.

I went through the same back in the Winter.  I was getting daily email reminders to pay off the balance or else the reservation would be cancelled.  It seems that there were two screens.  One was the agent's which indicated all was well and there was the one I received showing an additional balance.  The balance never went away and the cruise went off just fine.  But it was frustrating that after numerous calls that nothing could be corrected to the statement I was receiving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, neetyl said:

Same thing happened to us.  We sail in November and had a big charge added to our account.  Looks like they omitted a sale price that we got.  A long call corrected the problem.

Rollie