LIVE from Ovation of the Seas 5/31/2024 - Who isn’t tired of sandy beaches???

On 6/5/2024 at 5:03 PM, Juls44 said:

Hi! We leave Friday for this exact cruise and I am loving following along on yours ! Only my second time cruising and I am so worried about getting sea sick 😞  , bought some patches but appreciate any other advice to help! 

I have bouts of vertigo and use Bonine to make it thru the day. I recommend for sure. They're chewable and work fairly fast.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather. All of your photos and narration have been wonderful, and very much appreciated! For some reason, that photo of the fuzzy headed baby seagull is really cute! ☺️

thanks, @Coralc. Looks like it’s making its way though the team, daughter #2 got the yucks last night 🥹 

• Thanks 1

Following up with a couple final comments and tips…

Debarkation is about as much as much fun as embarkation. Add the Seattle airport to the mix. We walked out of our cabin at 8 am (group 8  and we had put out one bag.

again the snaking lines throughout the ship (warning to those that think self debark is the way to go) 

the baggage claim area is very tight and small…I had to use my  “find my” tracker to locate my bag, which was in the wrong numbered area. Then,  left the terminal and the taxi line was long. Uber/shared rides are a 7-10 minute walk, so we opted for the taxi line. 

my SIL told me it was $60 fixed fare, but our driver charged us $70, and then dropped us off at arrivals, so we had to schlep our bags upstairs to bag drop. 

security lines for NON TSA precheck showed a 20 minute wait time. I made it through in 5 , but then the terminal walk was a bit lengthy. It took 2 hours 15 minutes from cabin to gate. 

nothing like Florida departures…. So allow plenty of time. Youngest daughter was flying air Alaska and had to take two separate shuttles to their gate.

• Like 4

IMG_7902.thumb.jpeg.6c344d7201d6cfda667c8c68a09ea44f.jpeg

A few last minute photos….

- the pub was a popular spot. Entertainer there was great, although ridiculously loud, so carrying on any kind of conversation was impossible. Opt for the seats just outside the venue…. Best of both worlds 😎 

small bites menu

IMG_7901.thumb.jpeg.9d901c4ea136a175bfefce8b54fbd50c.jpeg

• Like 4

Just catching up on your review. Sorry to hear that the last few days did not go as planned.  Hopefully you are all on the mend and the trip home was uneventful.  Thanks for taking your time to bring us along. It is greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just catching up on your review. Sorry to hear that the last few days did not go as planned.  Hopefully you are all on the mend and the trip home was uneventful.  Thanks for taking your time to bring us along. It is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Andrew! 🤗 We are all returning to good health slowly but surely, and had a magnificent first 5 days…. Just another reason to come back again 😉

• Like 3

Well, I did want to wrap this up with a final post and summary…..has just taken me a few days to get here 🤒😎 

I have been blessed in my lifetime…. To personally witness natures beauty in a good amount of places in the US, the Caribbean, and within the last few years, Europe. I’m not sure that anything can rival what one will experience on an Alaska cruise. 

this has been a “bucket list”  item for me for years, but I thought, ahhhhh once and done.

I’ll check it off the list, and never go back.

Sandy beaches and 80 degrees Fahrenheit for me, please…. 🏝️☀️

Instead, I woke up to snow capped mountainous views almost every day, breathtaking glaciers, waterfalls and air so crisp and pure my lungs wondered where the heck I’d wandered off to… 🫨 (remember, lifetime Chicago native)

if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Skagway, but that’s really the last port we saw before we all started dropping like flies 😂 🤒

If you are considering this itinerary, all I have to say is make it happen. If not this year, at least once in your life time. It will change the way you look at cruising. It’s not always about sandy beaches, swim up pool bars and 80 degrees…there’s a pretty big cruising world out there that’s not in the Caribbean 💕

When I chose this thread topic , I wasn’t sure where I’d end up….. but here we are….get tired of sandy beaches. You won’t regret it!

we got one, yes just one, family photo on this sailing 😂😎 

cheers to making memories at sea with the ones you love, no matter where it may be 

IMG_7751.thumb.jpeg.da47aa1606eb310df0a8b7656b218235.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 6/7/2024 at 2:54 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for sharing your adventure!  I hope all get well soon and have safe travels home.

thanks, we are all on the mend… even the little guy who started the chain reaction of it all 

😂👶

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Well, I did want to wrap this up with a final post and summary…..has just taken me a few days to get here 🤒😎 

I have been blessed in my lifetime…. To personally witness natures beauty in a good amount of places in the US, the Caribbean, and within the last few years, Europe. I’m not sure that anything can rival what one will experience on an Alaska cruise. 

this has been a “bucket list”  item for me for years, but I thought, ahhhhh once and done.

I’ll check it off the list, and never go back.

Sandy beaches and 80 degrees Fahrenheit for me, please…. 🏝️☀️

Instead, I woke up to snow capped mountainous views almost every day, breathtaking glaciers, waterfalls and air so crisp and pure my lungs wondered where the heck I’d wandered off to… 🫨 (remember, lifetime Chicago native)

if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Skagway, but that’s really the last port we saw before we all started dropping like flies 😂 🤒

If you are considering this itinerary, all I have to say is make it happen. If not this year, at least once in your life time. It will change the way you look at cruising. It’s not always about sandy beaches, swim up pool bars and 80 degrees…there’s a pretty big cruising world out there that’s not in the Caribbean 💕

When I chose this thread topic , I wasn’t sure where I’d end up….. but here we are….get tired of sandy beaches. You won’t regret it!

we got one, yes just one, family photo on this sailing 😂😎 

cheers to making memories at sea with the ones you love, no matter where it may be 

IMG_7751.thumb.jpeg.da47aa1606eb310df0a8b7656b218235.jpeg

That's a great family picture.   I would print it and hang it!

I agree that our Alaska cruise we took 2 years ago was probably our favorite.  It is a blessing to experience the beauty. 

Thankful that y'all made it home safe and are getting better. 

Thanks again for sharing 😊 

• Like 3