KInda Status Match Question

Jim_Iain

I notice one of the benefits is a 10% on your next booking (going forward).  

I have our first SS cruise booked in 2025.    Is is feasible, this far out to cancel and make a new booking getting the 10% -  BTW my status match will be at the 500+ Level (Double Zenith on Celebrity). 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have our first SS cruise booked in 2025.    Is is feasible, this far out to cancel and make a new booking getting the 10% -  BTW my status match will be at the 500+ Level (Double Zenith on Celebrity). 

You could, but given recent price hikes, it might not be cost effective. Even with a 10% discount.  Also read the penalty T&Cs in case you lose all or part of your deposit.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim, I looked up the new (30 May) Terms & Conditions of Venetian Society and canceling and rebooking is specifically prohibited (section 4).  However, the 10% discount will be valid for new bookings, including Door to Door and Port to Port, just not Essentials fares.  

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Jim - Did you book Door to Door without air?? Or Port to Port??? I don't think I saw your answer in a prior thread. If the old Port to Port your deposit is not refundable. If Door to Door, you could cancel and then rebook a different sailing, but you cannot book the same sailing. The issue often is that Silversea has many unique sailings rather than repeating the same itinerary months at a time.  You will love the laundry benefit - much nicer treatment of your items than Celebrity.

I know that with the discounts accrued from sailing - not from status match - do apply to already booked sailings. 

Jim, don't cancel just book another one🤣.

How about the Panama Canal in May next year? Silver Shadow.  33 days, LA to NYC.

We have to catch up again somewhere!

Cheers

Jennifer

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 8:00 PM, riandei said:

Fyi 10% only valid door to door

if you like to make your own travel arrangements, it wont apply

My booking is already Door to Door.   Have no problem making my own arrangement.  Actually cost about 50% in first class what SS was charging.  

On 6/1/2024 at 6:20 AM, ging466 said:

Jim, don't cancel just book another one🤣.

How about the Panama Canal in May next year? Silver Shadow.  33 days, LA to NYC.

We have to catch up again somewhere!

Cheers

Jennifer

Jennifer -   We are booked on Silver Shadow -  5/9/2025 from LA to NYC.  

Wanna join us ---  You could spend sometime with us in Northern California and we will give you a tour of SF.   Love doing tours of the City. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 5:33 AM, billc23 said:

Jim - Did you book Door to Door without air?? Or Port to Port??? I don't think I saw your answer in a prior thread. If the old Port to Port your deposit is not refundable. If Door to Door, you could cancel and then rebook a different sailing, but you cannot book the same sailing. The issue often is that Silversea has many unique sailings rather than repeating the same itinerary months at a time.  You will love the laundry benefit - much nicer treatment of your items than Celebrity.

I know that with the discounts accrued from sailing - not from status match - do apply to already booked sailings. 

Thanks...

If you cancel do you get a refund or a credit?   Just curious.   Was checking my fare and the current fare is $500 more and the deposit has gone up by $2,000 (that doesn't bother me).  I think I will call my agent and see what he can do.

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks...

If you cancel do you get a refund or a credit?   Just curious.   Was checking my fare and the current fare is $500 more and the deposit has gone up by $2,000 (that doesn't bother me).  I think I will call my agent and see what he can do.

Door to Door is refunded to your method of payment less a $250 admin fee per person that can be applied to an existing of future cruise. The old Port to Port was a non refundable deposit so maybe a credit or nothing, I just don't know. 

On 5/31/2024 at 8:00 PM, riandei said:

Fyi 10% only valid door to door

if you like to make your own travel arrangements, it wont apply

Actually, it is valid on the new Port to Port. I just did it.

2 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Actually, it is valid on the new Port to Port. I just did it.

2 hours ago, riandei said:

🧐

very interesting indeed

As predicted, there is a huge amount of confusion from reusing the name 'Port to Port.'  It is really just 'Door to Door' without flights, nothing like the old 'Port to Port.'  The discounts do not apply to 'Essential,' which is the old 'Port to Port.'  Confused enough now? 😕

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

As predicted, there is a huge amount of confusion from reusing the name 'Port to Port.'  It is really just 'Door to Door' without flights, nothing like the old 'Port to Port.'  The discounts do not apply to 'Essential,' which is the old 'Port to Port.'  Confused enough now? 😕

Except that Essential isn't really the old Port to Port, because the excursions are missing! But I'd agree that the new Port to Port is like the old Door to Door without flights and transfers (and hotels).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Except that Essential isn't really the old Port to Port, because the excursions are missing! But I'd agree that the new Port to Port is like the old Door to Door without flights and transfers (and hotels).

Without the huge price variation you would expect, making you more likely to sigh and think what the hell, all these “extras” seem like a bargain.

Are they still excluding this fare from the VS status night count?

On 6/3/2024 at 2:09 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Jennifer -   We are booked on Silver Shadow -  5/9/2025 from LA to NYC.  

Wanna join us ---  You could spend sometime with us in Northern California and we will give you a tour of SF.   Love doing tours of the City. 

Jim - are you kidding? I'm booked on it and my brother is coming with me (first time on SS for him)

Don't think I can come in any earlier but over the moon that we can catch up again especially on a cruise.

Cheers

Jennifer

On 6/4/2024 at 12:34 AM, ging466 said:

Jim - are you kidding? I'm booked on it and my brother is coming with me (first time on SS for him)

Don't think I can come in any earlier but over the moon that we can catch up again especially on a cruise.

Cheers

Jennifer

That is fantastic.   Now I'm really getting excited.   So you will have 3 SS Virgins to break in. 

• Haha 1