New here - need advice on best itinerary

I'm sorry, I'm so overwhelmed, can someone please let me know a good itinerary for sept or oct?  we are active people in our 50s.  We usually cruise royal caribbean on their big ships. But the schedule is important. Please let me know which ones to NOT take that you thought were boring as well.

Thanks, Joy

• Like 1

Do you want cities?  Mountains?  Beaches?   What's boring to me may not be boring to you.  Without knowing your preferences it's really hard to direct you.

Also let us know if you are looking at a 7 day r/t and from where, or a 10 day or longer 1 way into Canada.

• 2 months later...

Looks like @hollon has not returned with more details on his/her interests, but I would like to jump in.

We are in our late 50s and had originally planned on driving up the the northeast coast, but things have changed and a one-way 7 night cruise seems to be a much better option for us.  We have visited Boston and love it, but it is not required to be a port for this cruise.  We definitely would want to begin or end in Quebec City.

I would like to hear from cruisers who traveled on NCL on the New England/Canada route.

5 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Looks like @hollon has not returned with more details on his/her interests, but I would like to jump in.

We are in our late 50s and had originally planned on driving up the the northeast coast, but things have changed and a one-way 7 night cruise seems to be a much better option for us.  We have visited Boston and love it, but it is not required to be a port for this cruise.  We definitely would want to begin or end in Quebec City.

I would like to hear from cruisers who traveled on NCL on the New England/Canada route.

We were on NCL Joy last September for a QC to NYC 1 way cruise.   It was a great cruise, we were dodging hurricane remnants but I thought NCL handled it about as good as they could, we did end up skipping a port due to weather.   

For sure stay overnight in QC before or after - a great city to spend a couple days.   I always prefer our land stays to be before the cruise simply because it helps if you have luggage delays from the airline (which we have had on at least one occasion.)

We intentionally chose a cruise that had only Canadian ports (except for NYC) because we had already been to the U.S. New England ports, but that is strictly personal preference.  Saguenay is a nice port due to sailing in the Fjord. 

I do remember that some people who booked air through NCL (to QC) were instead rerouted to Montreal and bused to QC, and some were not happy.  We booked air on our own to QC and had no issues.   A few days before our cruise they announced the departure would be delayed about 6 hours from scheduled, also due to NCL air passengers' flights - evidently air into QC is more limited than to a larger airport like Boston or Montreal.  Just something to keep in mind, book early.

Also, QC has a lot of boutique small hotels, which I wanted to stay at but couldn't pass up the free Hilton room with points.   It turns out the Hilton is a great place to stay as well.   It is big but very nice, and the views of the old town are spectacular especially from the higher floors.    

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2024 at 6:07 AM, shipgeeks said:

I would suggest a Canada/New England cruise on RC from Baltimore, round trip, 9 nights.

Not sure about the OP, but for us, 9-nights is impossible.  A 7-night cruise is all we can fit in with the added air travel from our Southern US home.