Review of Enchanted Princess May 25-June 1

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for posting a review about your cruise! Sounds like the perfect cruise!"

Cruiser1862 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I will start by saying…it was PHENOMENAL! This was our 10th cruise, 7 with Princess. We recently tried RC and Norwegian. Nothing came close to this ship or this cruise. 

Embarkation was a breeze. Pulled up to terminal. Dropped off bags. Parked in lot and was on ship 25 minutes later (10:15)

I’m going to touch on some items that I read complaints or dissatisfaction with in posts leading up to the cruise. 

First, I never waited long at any bar for a drink. The waiters came by regularly at the pools and in the piazza. Received drinks within 10 minutes the longest after placing orders. Waiters/waitresses/staff were very attentive and helpful at all times. I felt very appreciated. So not sure what all the complaints about long waits were about. I did not order from the Medallion though. Just never needed to. 

We stayed on the ship instead of going to Princess Cays. Been there every other time and we wanted to have the ship to ourselves and just relax. On sea days we got up early, walked the track, had coffee and went to grab our lounge chairs. We stayed on them all day. We went separately to get breakfast and lunch and bring it out by the pool. Half the lounges were taken early (by 8-9:00) and never sat in. We stayed until 3-4pm and watched certain chairs that no one came back to from early morning. The staff needs to do better monitoring these. 

We took an excursion to a beach club in Puerto Rico. It was blah. Kind of dirty sand, horrible lounge chairs were my tush sunk in and was so uncomfortable. The buses were comfortable and on time. But not worth the price and really not a great beach. 

in Puerto Playa and Grand Turks we went to the pools by the ports and had a nice time. This trip was all about relaxing for us. 

Food:  We loved the casual meals.  No wait at O’Malleys and Gigis and a short wait for Ocean Terrace. We were told by waitress that we didn’t have to order the 3 course meal at Ocean Terrace and could just order 3 rolls instead. They were huge and 3 was enough for us. At Gigis we shared one meal. The pizzas are large and we never even ate the dessert. Speaking of dessert we got the ice cream dessert one night. Shared that too. It’s filling!  Loved the International Cafe for an almond croissant in the morning and a specialty coffee in the afternoons.  We ate in the buffet for breakfast and were extremely pleased with the vast selection. 

Room:  We selected a deluxe guaranteed balcony and didn’t find out until 3 days prior to sailing where it was. Well worth the wait. It was on the Mariner deck 15 aft facing extended balcony, next to a penthouse suite. There was a covering above us for shade and privacy. It was wonderful. 

Shows:  Our favorite production was the Rock Opera and comedians. Duval Gamble, the cruise director, had a show. He was great!  The Irish singers at O’Malleys were really good and we loved the evening entertainment at the piazza.

Disembarkation was just as easy. In our car in the parking garage and on our way at 6:45 am. 

All in all, a beautiful ship, great staff, delicious food and good entertainment. 

BTW, never encountered anyone coughing or seemingly sick.  

On a scale,of 1-10, this was an 11

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Great review and we love Enchanted too!  Staff is really great!  Thank you!  So nice you had a wonderful relaxing time.

That’s what it is all about, cruising your way…😊

Thanks for the review.  Sounds like a great time.

We're on next week.  Good to hear your positive comments.

Was the ship full?  More importantly, did it "feel" full?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lgonquin said:

Thanks for the review.  Sounds like a great time.

We're on next week.  Good to hear your positive comments.

Was the ship full?  More importantly, did it "feel" full?

Yes, it was full but did not “feel” full. 
There weren’t too many kids on board and the ones that were onboard were very disciplined and well behaved. 
Enjoy your cruise!!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Canuker said:

Great to read this, OP. Excellent news for someone who will aboard her in August.

We’re also onboard in August and very much looking forward to our Canada New England cruise.  Received an email yesterday that we would not be stopping in Newport Rhode Island and instead a sea day.  

6 hours ago, Cruiser1862 said:

Yes, it was full but did not “feel” full. 
There weren’t too many kids on board and the ones that were onboard were very disciplined and well behaved. 
Enjoy your cruise!!

We are onboard this week. Over 4000 on the ship and only the Piazza seems crowded. Kids are aboard as summer breaks are starting up, but as you said very well behaved!

Thanks for your review. We board in2 weeks. We are taking 2 very well behaved children. It sounds like your cruising style matches ours.  I expect to have a wonderful, time.

• Like 1