Wet clothes

Southpaw97470

Planning 7 day cruise, and I see a lot post as to what to pack, but I haven't seen any post as what to do with our wet clothes after an excursion or sightseeing in the rain. Will they dry hanging in our cabin, or should I use onboard laundry. 

TIA

4 hours ago, Southpaw97470 said:

Planning 7 day cruise, and I see a lot post as to what to pack, but I haven't seen any post as what to do with our wet clothes after an excursion or sightseeing in the rain. Will they dry hanging in our cabin, or should I use onboard laundry. 

TIA

HAL ships do not have a passenger laundry but have a pull-out clothes line in the shower.  The ship laundry is a bargain and you can send items both mornings and evenings.

On my three 2024 HAL Caribbean and Alaska cruises, morning turn-in before 9:00 AM returned the same evening.  Evening turn-on returned next afternoon.

4 hours ago, kayehall said:

I have seen recommendations to use those magnetic hooks and/or the white plastic hooks that stick on the wall.

I tried strong magnetic hooks to clear my desktop of many cables and I am sure that each hook will hold up to 5 pounds of wet clothing if used on the metal walls of a stateroom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085DKDDT1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.jpeg.fc7d5fc731998be751293be56228488f.jpeg

Just sailed 14 days and rarely had wet pants.  When we did I hung them from a pants hanger which we then placed on a magnetic hook from the ceiling.  We did wear hiking pants which really dry quickly and kept us comfortable.  Jeans would take much longer to dry.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your information. For myself I had planned on some hiking pants and no jeans, however my hubby is a jeans person and he's looking for budget over pants, which I think is crazy.🙄

Wet jeans are not great to wear and will cause you to get colder and chafe. I would start your husband away from jeans on active rainy days.

i always ask for extra towels and will roll my wet clothes in a towel and press out as much water as possible. Then hang the clothing on the shower clothesline. My rain coat I use a hook on the ceiling to make sure it dries all the way around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

i always ask for extra towels and will roll my wet clothes in a towel and press out as much water as possible. Then hang the clothing on the shower clothesline. My rain coat I use a hook on the ceiling to make sure it dries all the way around.

Great advice about the extra towels. It's the small things that make a difference.

• Like 1