Behind the scenes/bridge tours

Hi all

Several years ago (well before Covid) I did a paid-for behind the scenes tour that included a bridge visit. At the time it was advertised in Horizon.

Are these still available? I haven't seen them advertised but thought maybe you have to ask at reception on embarkation day?

Thanks,

Connor

I did this tour in February on Ventura.  We did go to the Bridge (photographer took a group photo plus individual shots with the Captain).  We also visited the stage area and the Headliners changing room, the mooring deck, Emergency Response Room, Engine Control Room, food storage areas and one of the galleys.  Appropriate staff explained their area and answered any questions.  We finished with snacks and a glass of bubbly in Sindhu.  I asked at Reception on the evening I boarded and was directed to the Tours Desk.  Cost was £75 and worth every penny!  Pat

• Like 1

Yes they were on Britannia when we were on board. The only reason we didn't do it was because we had done one in 2015 when she was new. We've done them on Oceana, Britannia and Ventura and find them to be excellent value - though the Captain makes a difference to the overall experience. On Oceana and Britannia both Captains were amazing (Willard and Brown) while the one on Ventura couldn't have been bothered with us. (I can't even remember his name ..)

We were told on CC to go to Reception as soon as you board and ask if you can put your name down as sometimes they fill up even before being advertised.

Enjoy

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 1:14 PM, halpincat said:

I did this tour in February on Ventura.  We did go to the Bridge (photographer took a group photo plus individual shots with the Captain).  We also visited the stage area and the Headliners changing room, the mooring deck, Emergency Response Room, Engine Control Room, food storage areas and one of the galleys.  Appropriate staff explained their area and answered any questions.  We finished with snacks and a glass of bubbly in Sindhu.  I asked at Reception on the evening I boarded and was directed to the Tours Desk.  Cost was £75 and worth every penny!  Pat

It was the same on the Aurora cruise that I'm just back from, except that there was no photographer and the snacks and bubbly were in the Uganda Room. I didn't need to ask about it at Reception, as it was advertised in Horizon. When the first tour was fully subscribed, they laid on a second one. At the end of the tour we were each given a commemorative apron, lanyard and a photo stick. I'd recommend wearing a woolly, as it's jolly cold in the refrigerated meat storage areas! (Though you don't stay there long.)

Edited by jh1809