Preziosa Cancellations Spring 2025

MikeLincoln

Looks like they're cancelling 28th March, 4th April and 11th April from the UK. Passengers being contacted in dribs and drabs , reason being "operational issues".  Assume dry dock, anyone know ?

Hello,

Operational reasons also includes 'we've had a better idea'.

Virtuosa in September 2025 has had 3 & 4 night cruises replaced with 7 night itineraries.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, MikeLincoln said:

Looks like they're cancelling 28th March, 4th April and 11th April from the UK. Passengers being contacted in dribs and drabs , reason being "operational issues".  Assume dry dock, anyone know ?

Yes, had our 4th April cruise cancelled. Have moved us to the 18th of April instead just after I had booked flights at a great price! Drydock was my guess unless they have been offered good money by private companies. Not sure how well they have been selling. 

14 hours ago, TRUEBLUE66 said:

Drydock was my guess unless they have been offered good money by private companies.

These private charters are totally uncommon in Europe, by no means it happens for the Preziosa from Southampton in spring 2025. 

Posted (edited)

We had our Grand Voyage on the MSC Divina this November (Nov. 2 - 22, 2025) cancelled for Operational Issues as well. My guess is a short drydock as scheduled cruises end in Genoa on November 2 and resume in Miami on November 15.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

We had our Grand Voyage on the MSC Divina this November (Nov. 2 - 22, 2025) cancelled for Operational Issues as well. My guess is a short drydock as scheduled cruises end in Genoa on November 2 and resume in Miami on November 15.

That would be a re-positioning cruise.

9 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

That would be a re-positioning cruise.

Yes, MSC uses the term "Grand Voyage" to name cruises that are repositioning cruises. 

I am fully expecting our April 5th 2025 sailing on Euribia to be cancelled, there is zero chance of our Grand Voyage traversing the Suez Canal, but nothing so far. It is still on sale. And yet, they've cancelled 2025 sailings already that do not visit war zones. I'd rather they hurry up and then we can make alternative plans. Although, obviously, really I'd rather there was no conflict and the sailing go ahead, that seems highly unlikely 😢

They cancelled our April 8th boarding in Rotterdam, and offered the April 13th boarding out of Hamburg. I believe they are rethinking letting people embark and disembark from every stop on this cruise itinerary. It is probably causing delays that they want to avoid because they have to wait for customs and passengers in too many stops.

3 hours ago, dvann said:

They cancelled our April 8th boarding in Rotterdam, and offered the April 13th boarding out of Hamburg. I believe they are rethinking letting people embark and disembark from every stop on this cruise itinerary. It is probably causing delays that they want to avoid because they have to wait for customs and passengers in too many stops.

Absolutely impossible. MSC will never rethink this. And the problem port is Southampton, not Rotterdam, because it is not a Schengen port and causes all kinds of trouble. But UK market is too important I guess. 

18 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Absolutely impossible. MSC will never rethink this. And the problem port is Southampton, not Rotterdam, because it is not a Schengen port and causes all kinds of trouble. But UK market is too important I guess. 

Looks like more 7 night cruises instead of two, three and four night booze cruises which they know the crews hate, on recent short cruises cocktail menus were minimised in number with only a small number of bars having full menus.