On Deck

Megabear2

Has anyone heard of this communinity?  I've received an email purportedly by association with P&O and Cunard asking me to sign up by 10 June.  Anyone else? Is it real or fake?

"In partnership with P&O Cruises and Cunard, we are delighted to share with you an online community about all things cruising – The On Deck Community

Are you Interested? Please click on the link below to take part in our quick survey and join:"

8 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

Over on the Dark Side, there is this explanation:

Interesting reading.  I've looked at the t&cs by clicking through the link now I know it's apparently real.  They don't have anything like the stuff mentioned there, pretty much a standard business privacy contract and seven paragraphs about UK data protection rules.

At least I now know it's not dangerous!

• Like 1

It's legitimate - ran by a market research company who work for Carnival UK.

I've taken part in a number of focus groups. They've been pretty interesting and for 30 minutes - 1 hour are paid pretty well given it's tax free!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Slugsta said:

I've done a lot of their surveys and 1 online interview. However, like @Wonky, I recently got an email saying they are closing the site.

I have now signed up.  In the first things to do is a section to introduce yourself.  Since 1 June there are 41 new members doing so.

Could it perhaps be that they limit the time of membership and introduce new people to get different opinions?

I did email direct for further information and received a reply in 2 hours explaining the role.

This is from the email received in May🤔

After much careful consideration, we have made the decision to close the On Deck community on the 31st May 2024. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your contributions to the community. The insight we have gained has been invaluable to us and we hope you have enjoyed taking part.

Our final prize draw will be on the 31st of May and the winners shall be contacted via email.

Carnival UK Insight and Operations Manager, Clare Phelps would like to express her thanks in the short video below:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I have now signed up.  In the first things to do is a section to introduce yourself.  Since 1 June there are 41 new members doing so.

Could it perhaps be that they limit the time of membership and introduce new people to get different opinions?

I did email direct for further information and received a reply in 2 hours explaining the role.

Yes, I wonder if they are starting again with new people. Different people, different opinions.

The zoom interview I did was about having the special needs form filled in on-line (before it was rolled out in practice) so it seems genuine.

• Like 1

I have also received an email asking me to enrol but having looked at link, questions asked and 24 HR thought about have not enrolled and deleted the email.