How often do you bug your agent for price deduction?

I usually book last min online but I recently started booking way early with refundable deposits(FCD) and an agent’s help.  I don't know how much commission a typical agent makes on a cruise booking. I don’t want to waste their time.

I noticed that one of the cruises I booked is $60/stateroom cheaper now. It's a small amount so I don't know if I should bug my agent for the price adjustment.  That cruise is departing in Jan 2025 so maybe I should wait for a bigger price deduction before I call my agent?

Do you call your agent every time when you see a price deduction or a new promotion?

Happy that you are seeing reductions in price and that you have that option to contact someone and get the reduction.

The cruise line we sail, we tend to only see increases in cabin prices.

If you are using a Travel Agent that is separate from the cruise line then they are getting a commission for your booking.  This is part of their job to manage your booking, so if you want that price reduction, contact them and ask them to get it for you if they can.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I am not worried about how much  commission the TA makes.  My concerns are with what I am paying.  

I was not suggesting that a TA would not get you this because it would decrease their commission, I said that since they ARE getting a commission this is part of their job to get you that price reduction if it is available.

• Like 1

I don’t call unless it is significant.  A reasonable customer gets a reasonable TA.  My TA works hard for me 1. Because I don’t bother her about every little thing and 2. She knows I will book again and again if she takes care of my requests .  I am a natural negotiator and understand that you must pick your battles 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 5:16 AM, CDNPolar said:

I was not suggesting that a TA would not get you this because it would decrease their commission, I said that since they ARE getting a commission this is part of their job to get you that price reduction if it is available.

I understand.  But, I was not quoting you.  I was just giving my thoughts in general on the topic.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, geocruiser said:

I understand.  But, I was not quoting you.  I was just giving my thoughts in general on the topic.

Sorry - thought you were indirectly quoting me.  Misunderstanding.