Club Orange question

Posted (edited)

We have booked a Neptune suite on Oosterdam for September. Do we automatically receive Club Orange and on Vista class ships what do the benfits include.

Thanks

Edited by iowacruiser
typo

Neptune Suites already have included most of the CO benefits...had them before CO was invented (contrary to the general impression expressed here frequently). Neptunes also have things CO doesn’t have, like access to the Neptune Lounge,  and breakfast in the Pinnacle on Vista class ships.

Vista class ships don't have the CO dining room. CO gets you the CO bag, Neptunes get a regular bag. You won't be needing the CO upgrade option. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Vista class ships don't have the CO dining room. CO gets you the CO bag, Neptunes get a regular bag. You won't be needing the CO upgrade option

I believe the Neptune suite gets you the CO MDR entrance line on the non-pinnacle class ships.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I believe the Neptune suite gets you the CO MDR entrance line on the non-pinnacle class ships.

But a Neptune can also request the same table in Anytime Seating for the entire cruise, and never have to wait in any line for the MDR after the first night. We do that every cruise.

• Like 2

CruiserBruce…. I did not know that.  We are in Neptune traveling with a couple who are not. Can I then reserve a table for four in the main dining room for the entire cruise?

4 minutes ago, HollDoll said:

CruiserBruce…. I did not know that.  We are in Neptune traveling with a couple who are not. Can I then reserve a table for four in the main dining room for the entire cruise?

Yes. The Neptune Lounge Concierge used to handle it...now you have to go to the MDR podium set up in either Lido Pool area, or where ever the secondary podium is on your ship, on embarkation day. We usually have a couple options pre-determined. We also rarely seek the popular window seats. We are always asking for a table for 2, 4 tops are much more common. I doubt you will have any issues.

I have a question about CO. We are going on a family cruise.  I booked everyone in CO. 
We are a party of 6. Is it possible to ask for a dining time. Thanks

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ebtrip said:

I have a question about CO. We are going on a family cruise.  I booked everyone in CO. 
We are a party of 6. Is it possible to ask for a dining time. Thanks

What ship? Club Orange dining rooms on  Pinnacle class ships does not take or allow reservations but 6 tops are available but limited. All others ships MDR can provide  6 top tables much easier. 

Edited by terrydtx

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

What ship? Club Orange dining rooms on  Pinnacle class ships does not take or allow reservations but 6 tops are available but limited. All others ships MDR can provide  6 top tables much easier. 

Thanks for the info we are on the Koningsdam which has a separate dining room. We are going with our grown children and wanted to splurge. As I know from traveling on Celebrity, we book Aqua class and go to the Blu restaurant, they usually hold the table of 6 for family or groups. 

5 minutes ago, ebtrip said:

Thanks for the info we are on the Koningsdam which has a separate dining room. We are going with our grown children and wanted to splurge. As I know from traveling on Celebrity, we book Aqua class and go to the Blu restaurant, they usually hold the table of 6 for family or groups. 

We have extensively cruised with Celebrity in the Retreat and Luminae. The CO dining room on Koningsdam only has 2 or 3 tables for 6, mostly 2 and 4 tops. I would talk to manager first night and see what they can do. The CO dining room is like a much smaller Blu or Luminae.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We have extensively cruised with Celebrity in the Retreat and Luminae. The CO dining room on Koningsdam only has 2 or 3 tables for 6, mostly 2 and 4 tops. I would talk to manager first night and see what they can do. The CO dining room is like a much smaller Blu or Luminae.

Terrydtx, thanks so much I will try to get it done after embarkation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dutchie20 said:

Does a Signature Suite also include CO?

No, a Signature Suite is not a true suite on HAL, just a larger cabin for more money. Only Neptune and Pinnacle Suites are the real suites when it comes to suite amenities. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

No, a Signature Suite is not a true suite on HAL, just a larger cabin for more money. Only Neptune and Pinnacle Suites are the real suites when it comes to suite amenities. 

One exception: Signature suites do count for double points per cruise day, like the Neptune and Pinnacle suites, toward Mariner Society status.

A few years back, on the Koningsdam IIRC, we had a persistent problem with water infiltrating our verandah cabin. In the end we were moved to a signature suite, and started racking up the higher per-day suite rate for crew appreciation. I asked Guest Services and was told that we were not accruing the double Mariners points. I had them roll the crew appreciation rate back to the lower one for our original verandah cabin.

As terrydtx said, the supposedly upscale aspects of the signature suite were not especially noteworthy. If the new cabin was larger than our original one, the difference didn't register with us.

Edited by Petronillus
  • Like 3

On 6/12/2024 at 1:21 PM, Petronillus said:

One exception: Signature suites do count for double points per cruise day, like the Neptune and Pinnacle suites, toward Mariner Society status.

A few years back, on the Koningsdam IIRC, we had a persistent problem with water infiltrating our verandah cabin. In the end we were moved to a signature suite, and started racking up the higher per-day suite rate for crew appreciation. I asked Guest Services and was told that we were not accruing the double Mariners points. I had them roll the crew appreciation rate back to the lower one for our original verandah cabin.

As terrydtx said, the supposedly upscale aspects of the signature suite were not especially noteworthy. If the new cabin was larger than our original one, the difference didn't register with us.

so you decided to penalize staff because you weren’t getting double points for an upgrade you didn’t have to pay for? There is definitely a noticeable size difference between a standard verandah and a SS. Seems wrong, petty and greedy to penalize them. Especially when getting a free upgrade. It wasn’t there fault for the water or for the points not doubling. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Khlela said:

so you decided to penalize staff because you weren’t getting double points for an upgrade you didn’t have to pay for? There is definitely a noticeable size difference between a standard verandah and a SS. Seems wrong, petty and greedy to penalize them. Especially when getting a free upgrade. It wasn’t there fault for the water or for the points not doubling. 

I can't agree more with you Khlela.  Many on this forum mention the amazing space in a Signature suite.  They love it.  Post #16 indicates Signature suites are just a larger cabin for more money, but Petronillus was not charged for the upgrade.  How much was the difference of crew appreciation between a veranda cabin and a signature suite?  Probably only about $3/day.  That would be worth an upgrade to me.   I don't really understand the importance of Mariner points except for discounts.  We have pins, never go to Mariner recognition events, and really don't pay any attention to those that flaunt their Mariner status. 

To iowacruiser - We were on the Oosterdam in a Neptune suite in January and yes, automatically had CO.  If we went to the MDR there was a wonderfully short line for Club Orange.  There was a CO menu but it really just had an additional CO entree.  We did not often order it.   Often we had guests from non suite cabins joining us but the host/hostess never blinked an eye and we were given the table location we asked for.  The staff is amazing and you will love the Oosterdam.  JMO. Cherie

Edited by cccole
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Khlela said:

We also love the size of the signature suite and larger balcony. They are almost 100 sq ft larger than the verandah cabins. We booked one on the Oosterdam, twice, and the Noordam, and on a longer cruise the huge bathroom with double sinks was a nice added feature. If we can't book a Neptune suite our next choice is a Signature Suite. The extra cost is worth the extra room. We book cruises for itinerary, loyalty to a cruise line doesn't matter much for us, we have elevated status with both HAL and Celebrity. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We also love the size of the signature suite and larger balcony. They are almost 100 sq ft larger than the verandah cabins. We booked one on the Oosterdam, twice, and the Noordam, and on a longer cruise the huge bathroom with double sinks was a nice added feature. If we can't book a Neptune suite our next choice is a Signature Suite. The extra cost is worth the extra room. We book cruises for itinerary, loyalty to a cruise line doesn't matter much for us, we have elevated status with both HAL and Celebrity. 

Sorry I misunderstood your post #16 where you did not indicate you would choose a SS over a verandah cabin. This post makes so much more sense.   Cherie

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, cccole said:

Sorry I misunderstood your post #16 where you did not indicate you would choose a SS over a verandah cabin. This post makes so much more sense.   Cherie

I thought you did, my post earlier was to point out SS are not a suite just a larger cabin that costs more than a verandah. It would be nice if they did had more amenities but larger is nice. CO has allowed us to book SS and get more amenities for a little bit more cost.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I thought you did, my post earlier was to point out SS are not a suite just a larger cabin that costs more than a verandah. It would be nice if they did had more amenities but larger is nice. 

I have recommended an SS to friends who want to join us in 2026.  We have reserved an aft wrap but if not for that balcony I would do an SS.

Hope you have a nice pool to stay cool in during the high temps in Texas.  Cherie

On 6/12/2024 at 1:21 PM, Petronillus said:

----

You went up two full categories and didn't notice a change?  Are you sure you didn't just get a different Veranda or even a Vista Suite?  Signature suites are much larger and have a very different layout.

Veranda - Cabin: 180 sqft (17 m2) Balcony: 48 sqft (5 m2)

Vista - Cabin: 212 sqft (20 m2) Balcony: 48 sqft (5 m2)

Signature - Cabin: 294 sqft (28 m2) Balcony: 87 sqft (8 m2)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cccole said:

I have recommended an SS to friends who want to join us in 2026.  We have reserved an aft wrap but if not for that balcony I would do an SS.

Hope you have a nice pool to stay cool in during the high temps in Texas.  Cherie

We will be on the Volendam in August for 11 days in Canada and NE from Boston. The Volendam has no SS but we are in a Vista Suite which has a balcony. Only Vista and Neptune suites on the Volendam have balconies. We do not have a pool but very good AC, we are cruising to Canada in August to get out of the heat for 3 weeks. Last summer we had 78 days over 100 here in San Antonio which set an all time record. In 2022 we had 58 days over 100.