North star and I-fly reservations on Ovation

What is the best way to go about reserving these activities? I am not interested in paying extra for "extended" or "premium"  experiences so I'm assuming reservations must be made onboard.  Are they open on embarkation day? What time usually? We have an early embarkation time so I was hoping to make reservations then. Also, can a 12 year old participate in I-fly if the parent signs the waiver but doesn't participate themselves?

*I've experienced both and could pass on repeating,  but I'm traveling with teens who want to participate. 

9 minutes ago, renee1222 said:

What is the best way to go about reserving these activities? I am not interested in paying extra for "extended" or "premium"  experiences so I'm assuming reservations must be made onboard.  Are they open on embarkation day? What time usually? We have an early embarkation time so I was hoping to make reservations then. Also, can a 12 year old participate in I-fly if the parent signs the waiver but doesn't participate themselves?

*I've experienced both and could pass on repeating,  but I'm traveling with teens who want to participate. 

They open up once you are on board. Make the reservations through the app

• Like 1

We did this recently on the Odyssey in March. We had the earliest boarding time, but the reservations didn’t seem to be available when we first boarded. We asked a crew member and they told us to keep checking, which is what we did. They didn’t open until a little after 1pm. So keep trying, if it doesn’t work right away. 

Also, two young children (like 6 or 7yr) were in our group when we actually did iFly. Their Mom had planned on participating with them, but she was advised by the instructor not to do it, after she discussed her previous back injuries. The parents stayed with them to watch the instructional video, helped with their fly suits and walked up to the iFly deck with them. But, the children actually “flew” by themselves. 

• Like 1

I haven't been on Ovation but I did the North Star on Anthem twice. Reservations are open in the app once you board. Usually they're available later in the day for the following day. Port days are free, Sea days are extra.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:08 AM, renee1222 said:

What is the best way to go about reserving these activities?

Go to the venue upon embarkation and book there. No issue with age for a 12 year old.

• Like 1

The free reservations are for port days and indeed open up sometime on boarding day.  Keep trying.  Extended reservations are available in advance.  On Odyssey, the extended reservations once onboard were MUCH cheaper than in advance,  like $24.99 vs $34.99 for iFly while at sea.  Still didn't want to pay for the extra minute, so just booked free one for the first time available on that port day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Check the app every day during the cruise, several times a day. They release blocks of time randomly during the cruise. 

Edited by royal3
  • Like 1