Premium desserts?

winhus

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I am a glutton with a very sweet tooth, and I wasn't tempted by them at all. They all had vanilla gelato in them, so no interest...

On my recent cruise on the Sapphire a man sat down with 2 of the premium sundaes. No one joined him. He ate BOTH!  He was average size. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

On my recent cruise on the Sapphire a man sat down with 2 of the premium sundaes. No one joined him. He ate BOTH!  He was average size. 

Not average size for long if he keeps that up

On 6/10/2024 at 12:08 PM, wallyj said:

Hi @JamieLogical, I was on the May sailing with you and the first time I visited the Gelateria, I asked if I could get any flavor gelato by itself instead of a premium dessert and was told I would be charged. When I was on Discovery earlier this year, they had no problem allowing me any flavor gelato by itself as a substitute, which is why I asked.

Later, I happen to sit with the HGM at the MTG(most traveled guest) luncheon and mentioned this to him. He said, I am allowed ‘any’ gelato by itself with the Premier package and to mention his name if I had any problems. So, it seems to be a matter of training on the Enchanted, but the policy does seem to vary on different ships.

I am back on the Enchanted next week, so I will see if I have any issues getting just gelato. I only went back one time last May and the crew member gave me just gelato without charge.

FYI, getting a little off topic, O’Malley’s towards the end of my B2B started serving ‘real’ onion rings instead of what seemed like the frozen reconstituted powered onion rings from a supermarket. You only get 6 now, but they were a great improvement. Was my first time on a ship with O’Malleys so I do not know what has been previously served. Looking forward to next week to find out if the swap to real onion rings is permanent. I am feeling this is a ‘new’ change since the holder for the ‘tower’ is designed to hold a lot more than just 6 rings and previously the tower of rings was filled to the top with the smaller ones.

I think the fact he had the 'Premium' package was the reason for the dessert.

We only get the 'Plus package'

5 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I think the fact he had the 'Premium' package was the reason for the dessert.

We only get the 'Plus package'

For clarification it is called the ‘Premier’ package and Jamielogical also had the Premier package and was charged for her one scoop. Since it is a ‘swap’ for the ‘Premium Dessert’, plus package should be allowed 2x day opposed to unlimited for ‘Premier’.

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

For clarification it is called the ‘Premier’ package and Jamielogical also had the Premier package and was charged for her one scoop. Since it is a ‘swap’ for the ‘Premium Dessert’, plus package should be allowed 2x day opposed to unlimited for ‘Premier’.

Yes I had the premier. I am not sure which of the two packages the two ladies in front of me on my first visit had. Once they were told they couldn't just have a plain scoop of gelato, one opted not to order anything and the other ordered one of the sundaes.