Question

we will cruise Enchanted Princess July 6 for two weeks. Can anyone please tell me who the MaitreD is or will be on that cruise. Really appreciate the name. Many thanks. 

@2326nanapa, be aware some crew may be leaving. I was on Enchanted from May 4-18 and HGM Raffeale said he will be leaving in June, so you still have not got confirmation if Mr.  Nicola will still be on board July 6.

14 minutes ago, 2326nanapa said:

Thank you so much. Fingers crossed he won’t be there 🤞🤞😉

Well, well, well.  Do tell why you hope he won't be there.

Can someone explain why it is important to know who the maitre'd will be? In almost 50 Princess cruises I have never had an issue with any maitre'd or any other senior ship's officer. Almost never have any contact with any of them except to say hello and such. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, skynight said:

Can someone explain why it is important to know who the maitre'd will be?

It's not.  OP probably read a bad review and has concluded that this maitre'd will probably kill their family dog. Some people tend to turn their cruise experience into a full time management job for some reason. I can't imagine wasting any time worrying about who the crew are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We will need some assistance relating to dining rooms, and over the 20 years we have travelled with Princess we have received a tremendous amount of help and kindness when we have spoken with the MaitreD for various seating arrangements and allergic food help.  Our neighbor/adopted son is a 20 years Assistant MaitreD veteran of Princess and he was hoping he would know the current MaitreD to help.  And yes, sadly there were several poor reviews and/or comments that were of concern to us.  I have personally found many many wonderful crew members aboard Princess ships and they have made our journeys even more enjoyable because of their many kindnesses to us!  Some of them still communicate with us, as they continue to travel the world with Princess, for no other reason than we both sincerely enjoy the friendship.    Please don't be so quick to judge..........

• Like 1

(Post Pandemic)  I once needed the help in arranging for a set time and table since I was traveling with some older folks.  Fortunately, I knew a passenger on the previous cruise who set it all up with the Assistant Manager for the MDR.

On other occasions, I have met other Maitre d's in the Reserve Collection DR.  I have know Neville for a very long time (he "claims" to remember me, but I am doubtful).  He stands head of heals of anyone I know (literally too).  Maybe he will be onboard (short rotations) for you.  I think the other ones I've met along the way left during the pandemic. I haven't seen their names on any boards recently.

Unless it is really a complicated arrangement, I would guess that the Assistant Manager may be able to help you out without meeting up with the Maitre d'.  

One more example....When I was doing a lot of short cruises on the Golden, I mentioned to the Assistant Manager that I liked Angie (a waitress) and asked that I have her again on an upcoming cruise.  Dining room staff got moved around back then between traditional and anytime.  He made sure that Angie was there at "my table".  These guys can work magic.