Vancouver to Seattle?

We’re considering arranging an Alaska cruise to introduce family members to cruising and to Alaska. It was our first cruise many years ago and we did love the 7 day Northbound or Southbound Voyage if the Glaciers so we’re looking at that one again this time. 
Does Princess still offer an option for transfers to/from Vancouver-Seattle airport for those flying into or out of there? I’ve tried to see if it’s offered but until we’re booked I can’t see the transfer page. If so what’s the cost?

We have southwest miles we could use to get to Seattle is the reason for going this route vs directly into Vancouver. 

Thanks 

Just now, walkingsoon said:

If Southwest is your preference, have you considered BLI (Bellingham) ?

Nice quiet airport, easy transfer using quickcoach.com.

No I had not. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks.  

5 minutes ago, walkingsoon said:

If Southwest is your preference, have you considered BLI (Bellingham) ?

Nice quiet airport, easy transfer using quickcoach.com.

Southwest no longer will use Bellingham starting this August 2024.

16 minutes ago, negn said:

We flew into Seattle to visit family then took Amtrak to Vancouver.   Lovely ride along the coast and very inexpensive

That is an option but in our case we had rather pick up the ride at the cruise terminal and be dropped at the airport (or visa versa) vs having to taxi into town or otherwise get to the train station 

You could add on a cruise.  Princess has some from Vancouver that are less than $200pp for 4 days to Los Angeles or San Francisco.  Southwest has non-stop flights LAX-BNA for as little as 10k points.  Oakland, SJC, SFO to BNA for as little as 5k.   If the dates don't exactly work, add on a trip to Great America or something.  Might still be less expensive AND you get the extra days (and extra status points toward next Princess level.)

3 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

You could add on a cruise.  Princess has some from Vancouver that are less than $200pp for 4 days to Los Angeles or San Francisco.  Southwest has non-stop flights LAX-BNA for as little as 10k points.  Oakland, SJC, SFO to BNA for as little as 5k.   If the dates don't exactly work, add on a trip to Great America or something.  Might still be less expensive AND you get the extra days (and extra status points toward next Princess level.)

No, they could not. If they are taking a one-way cruise from Whittier to Vancouver, then they cannot stay on the ship from Vancouver to Los Angeles or San Francisco. PVSA.

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

No, they could not. If they are taking a one-way cruise from Whittier to Vancouver, then they cannot stay on the ship from Vancouver to Los Angeles or San Francisco. PVSA.

6 hours ago, gottagocit said:

That is an option but in our case we had rather pick up the ride at the cruise terminal and be dropped at the airport (or visa versa) vs having to taxi into town or otherwise get to the train station 

The train station is really easy to get rather than the airport. The only Issue is that there are not that many trains going south each day. We usually stay over and then catch the 7:15 (or something close to that time)

You could try Quick Shuttle.

They can pick you up right at Canada Place (or very close by) and drop you off at SeaTac or vice versa if going from Seattle to Vancouver.

I know many Canadians who take them if we're picking up a cruise out of Seattle. 

I hop on the Sky Train right at Waterfront Station across the street from cruise terminal to Science/Main Street station which is the bus/train station stop.  Then I ride Flixbus for about 30 bucks back to Seattle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The train station is really easy to get rather than the airport. The only Issue is that there are not that many trains going south each day. We usually stay over and then catch the 7:15 (or something close to that time)

We really don’t want to family into downtown Seattle and find a taxi or public transport out to the airport. 

On 6/12/2024 at 6:02 PM, NavyVeteran said:

Doesn't necessarily have to be the same ship or even same line.

Another option is to do the RT Seattle sailings and visit Glacier Bay or Endicot Arm and Dawes Glacier.  Flights out of Alaska going back home can be pretty expensive.  Flights RT Seattle might be a better deal.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jeromep said:

Another option is to do the RT Seattle sailings and visit Glacier Bay or Endicot Arm and Dawes Glacier.  Flights out of Alaska going back home can be pretty expensive.  Flights RT Seattle might be a better deal.

If your goal is good glacier viewing, the r/t Seattle cruises are not much compared to the one way cruises. IMO, anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark_K said:

If your goal is good glacier viewing, the r/t Seattle cruises are not much compared to the one way cruises. IMO, anyway.

Hence the name "Voyage of the Glaciers" for the one-way cruises sailing to/from Vancouver, but there is a convenience to the RT Seattle cruises and Glacier Bay is spectacular and the on board interpretation by the rangers from the NPS is second to none.

Hi everyone. I wanted to come back and update this thread for use later by others who may need the same info. 

We have booked a cruise from Whittier to Vancouver and are looking forward to returning to Alaska. The transfers from the Vancouver pier to the Seattle airport post cruise are indeed still offered by Princess with a cost of $79 pp. This will allow us to use Southwest credits we have and have a nonstop flight post cruise. 

Thanks for suggesting an alternative r/t voyage but we wanted to show the family members more of Alaska than what is possible from the ship so it was important to do the one way voyage. We’ll spend a week pre cruise driving around the state in a rental car visiting areas we’ve enjoyed on previous trips and a couple new ones. 

thanks to everyone’s replies to the OP. 
Chris

On 6/12/2024 at 4:27 PM, [Big Z] said:

You could try Quick Shuttle.

They can pick you up right at Canada Place (or very close by) and drop you off at SeaTac or vice versa if going from Seattle to Vancouver.

I know many Canadians who take them if we're picking up a cruise out of Seattle. 

We QuickShuttle them whenever we cruise from Vancouver.  The rate for the transfer right from Canada Place parking garage to SeaTac is $47.50 pp one way.  I do see they are currently have a limited offer a free piece of luggage, so depending on when you go, keep in mind that you may have to pay for checked luggage. 
I’m not sure the cost for the Princess transfers but, you can compare once you book to see which one works out better for you.  

https://quickcoach.com

PS .. So disappointed that Southwest is pulling out of Bellingham.  It’s such a great little airport but you do have to walk out on the tarmac to get on the plane there.  I love that QuickShuttle also picked up and dropped off there.  If you go before they pull out of BLI in August, you may want to consider using that airport.  

On 6/19/2024 at 9:24 AM, Cruise Raider said:

So disappointed that Southwest is pulling out of Bellingham.  It’s such a great little airport but you do have to walk out on the tarmac to get on the plane there.

Love this airport for yet another reason -- they didn't have the invasive Rapiscans last time we were there.  I asked one of the security agents who told me that most of them were prior military or LEOs and that Bellingham airport management had decided it was much more fruitful to hire excellent people and provide comprehensive training rather than rely on a machine.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 9:24 AM, Cruise Raider said:

We QuickShuttle them whenever we cruise from Vancouver.  The rate for the transfer right from Canada Place parking garage to SeaTac is $47.50 pp one way.  I do see they are currently have a limited offer a free piece of luggage, so depending on when you go, keep in mind that you may have to pay for checked luggage. 
I’m not sure the cost for the Princess transfers but, you can compare once you book to see which one works out better for you.  

https://quickcoach.com

Thanks for the tip. I just checked their rate for our arrival date in Vancouver and see the cost to SEA with a checked bag is $70. Princess charges $79 so it would be a little less. That said I believe we will stick with Princess just to keep it simple and less stressful given the small difference. 

• Like 2