Is a 930 a.m. Departure from SeaTac Doable?

I'm trying to get our one-way return flight from Seattle and was wondering if a 9:30 am departure is too early?  I am Platinum so we can get off the ship early, but am well aware of everything that can go wrong.  I hate having to wait until 6 pm to head home.  Just wondering about others' experiences.

14 hours ago, Laurie S. said:

I'm trying to get our one-way return flight from Seattle and was wondering if a 9:30 am departure is too early?  I am Platinum so we can get off the ship early, but am well aware of everything that can go wrong.  I hate having to wait until 6 pm to head home.  Just wondering about others' experiences.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Once docking, I believe you will have to go thru customs.  The airport is about 30 min drive ( on a good day) from the port.  Then, you may have to wait in a vey long line just to get into the airport terminal ( other cruise passenger will have the same idea).  After entering the terminal, you have to go thru security, then possibly take a tram to your gate.   Relax, on ship till you are told to leave ( about 8-9am).  Find a hotel to drop your luggage ( pay the concierge, and they will probably say yes), then spend a few hours at Pike Place Market  Head off to the airport around 1 pm.  If you have certain credit cards, you can pay for a day pass  ( or free entry) at one of the First Class Lounges and have a very nice relaxing wait until you are called for boarding..

• Like 1

I’ve shared this story a bunch of times when we get posts like this but I know the search feature is bad. 

On our 2022 sailing to Alaska, while we got into port on time, we experienced customs delays. The first group started disembarking at 8:30am. There were massive of panicked people shouting they’d miss their flight but US Customs doesn’t care. We live in the area so hung back until the end but we saw a lot of tears that morning. 

Seattle traffic is it’s own level of pain, as geography with the water makes for minimal alternative ways if something happens on I5. A rainy day and an accident one evening turned my planned “3 hours and relax in the lounge” to “arriving at the gate while boarding.”

While you might hear someone say on here “I’ve done it before!” I’ve been flying out of SEA for 7 years now and know there’s a lot of things that can go wrong.