I see in other threads ....reference to BUYING obc, but can't find it on website (like rcl)

I have given up on the purchasing the zero proof and want to prepay for our drinks via OBC. Royal caribbean has a way in the cruise planner to purchase obc but I don't see it on Celebrity.

Does anyone know how to do this?

2 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I have given up on the purchasing the zero proof and want to prepay for our drinks via OBC. Royal caribbean has a way in the cruise planner to purchase obc but I don't see it on Celebrity.

If you are going to purchase OBC (though I don’t think Celebrity has this option) it’s in effect the same as pay as you go, then settle up at end of cruise.  Apologize if I am misunderstanding your question.

54 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

I don’t know what it is that you want to do. Are you trying to purchase the zero proof package and having some difficulty doing so? What is the issue and maybe someone here can help.

I have when waiting to purchase the zero proof but celebrity keeps jacking up the price to put it on sale at an actual higher price ie instead  of 27 a day its now 32.

I want to BUY obc so when I pay as I go on board I won't have a huge bill later 

According to this yes.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-gifts/items-results?category=ONBDCR&collection=ONBDCR

And as to why? Because some of us like to have as much paid for upfront as possible. Having a set amount you know is there also helps with staying in a budget.

OP, if if doesn't work to buy in advance, what I've done is take a set amount of cash to Guest Services on the first day and load my account that way.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

celebrity keeps jacking up the price to put it on sale at an actual higher price ie instead  of 27 a day its now 32.

What I see is they're reducing the amount of discount vs. raising the price.  You're willing to risk there being NO discount ($45/day) during your sailing by using OBC rather than paying $32.99/day now?  Not sure that makes sense.

See above to purchase OBC.

Edited by jwlane

I'd also suggest - but I'm not positive how it works on Celebrity - but perhaps the OP could purchase a Celebrity gift card(s) from somewhere like AARP.  There is a built in "discount" - ~10% - and then DEPENDING on the rules - use that to buy OBC?

A screen shot from Cruzely as I'm not an AARP member (yet):

aarp-cruise-gift-cards.gif