Luggage Valet Service

Two years ago on Solstice CS I did not see this offered but on CS on the Edge it was this year.

I was hesitant to try it but DH who works for the airlines said let's give it a try.  We did and we will always use it.

The service only charges what your airline charges for baggage fees.  The plus side is if you are in First/Business or certain tiers with your airline program, it is totally free.  If you are normally not charged, Luggage Valet doesn't charge.  No service fees over what your airline baggage fee is.

The service will check you into your flight and print out tickets for you.  These are delivered the day of your last night along with special luggage tags.  You also get tags for your hand carry luggage with your departure group, but that did not happen.  I had to go to guest services to collect those.

You place your tagged luggage out in the hall as usual, but while everyone else on the cruise had until 10 PM we had until 9 PM.

When you disembark, instead of having to sort through the luggage at the pier, you go straight through the pier without stopping and line up for your airport shuttle.

When you get to the airport, straight through security with your printed tickets and to the gate or airport lounge.

When you get home, there are your bags on the luggage belt.  We were first class and our were the exact first bags off.  Not sure if that was luck or the service.

3 things, including what happens in the worst-case scenario

-Each location varies including the fees, Seattle was charging a fee per bag in 2019

-It should go without saying, do NOT put anything irreplaceable in luggage you're going to valet or in any luggage you'll check

-With travel insurance, if you want your luggage valet covered, you need to tell the insurance provider that "luggage valet is handled by a 3rd party, Bags Inc., and NOT handled by the cruise line or airline".  By default, most travel insurance policies including credit card insurance do not provide coverage for a 3rd party but you can possibly add it

In 2019, I used a luggage valet service out of Seattle, but my bag did not arrive at my home airport, LAX. You can file a claim with X, but if the bag is found, they may charge you for shipping it, and if it is not found, they only offer compensation of up to $250 (as of 2019). I contacted Bags Inc., who stated that they did not initially scan the bag during the "handoff scan" and suggested asking X if they ever scanned it. I couldn't get that information from the X claims, so I emailed the executive team. The bag was found a week later and shipped to me overnight for free, suggesting it had likely gone on another cruise. Yet no explanation was given. A few days after receiving my bag, I got an update from X's claims department stating they still had not located the lost item (lol)

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Two years ago on Solstice CS I did not see this offered but on CS on the Edge it was this year.

I was hesitant to try it but DH who works for the airlines said let's give it a try.  We did and we will always use it.

The service only charges what your airline charges for baggage fees.  The plus side is if you are in First/Business or certain tiers with your airline program, it is totally free.  If you are normally not charged, Luggage Valet doesn't charge.  No service fees over what your airline baggage fee is.

I believe you mixed up your terms.  Seattle offers Port Valet which is complimentary except for any airline baggage fees.

Luggage Valet is offered in Florida and there is a fee of $29 plus any airline baggage fees.

Ft Lauderdale offers it. It is a charge of $29 per person & whatever fee your airline might charge. It is so wonderful to walk off the ship with just what you’re carrying onboard (coat & iPad)

We used this on the Ascent in January (Port Everglades), and it worked perfectly. We flew Southwest, and since we only had two bags, we only paid one $29 fee.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I believe you mixed up your terms.  Seattle offers Port Valet which is complimentary except for any airline baggage fees.

Luggage Valet is offered in Florida and there is a fee of $29 plus any airline baggage fees.

Thanks for the clarification 

We used the valet service on Beyond in Fort Lauderdale and can't say enough good things about it.  It made the end of our trip a lot smoother than it would have otherwise been.  And, while we don't have mobility issues, it is a no-brainer.  Just need to be mindful of the flight time window (if one has a choice). 

I would also note the porters at Port Everglades are very good and worth big tips.  They are pros.

1 hour ago, Bourbonandhorses said:

Well I have to say this sounds intriguing!  When and how do you sign up for the valet service from port Everglades?

If it is being offered on your cruise, you will get a flyer in the paperwork left in your cabin.  IIRC, your flight had to be departing after 1200 and be with specific airlines that participate in the program, e.g. United, Delta, Southwest, and others.  

• Thanks 1