Carnival Splendor Jul 9 2024 sailing change in ports

GUEST ADVISORY

ITINERARY CHANGE NOTICE
CARNIVAL SPLENDOR – 8 JULY 2024

13 June 2024

Dear Carnival Splendor Guest,

As a result of civil unrest in Noumea, it is necessary to revise our itinerary. Below is our new plan.

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Mon   Sydney, Australia   4:00 PM
Tue   Fun Day At Sea    
Wed   Fun Day At Sea    
Thu   Fun Day At Sea    
Fri   Vila, Vanuatu 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Sat   Santo, Vanuatu 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
Sun   Fun Day At Sea    
Mon   Fun Day At Sea    
Tue   Fun Day At Sea    
Wed   Sydney, Australia 6:30 AM  

Everyone’s safety is our priority, and we really have no choice other than to make these changes. We know you were looking forward to the original itinerary we had planned and share your disappointment for this unexpected change. 

We are dedicated to making sure you have an enjoyable holiday. If you choose to continue to sail with us, no action is needed. However, if you do not wish to remain on this sailing, please call our Guest Services Department at 13 31 94, or your travel advisor by Wednesday, 19 June. We will provide a 100% future cruise credit for your cruise fare and a full refund for any pre-purchased items for this voyage.*

This was def coming, given the situation in New Caledonia. I honestly don't mind too much. This is likely to continue for some time yet, maybe months.

The original sailing had "4" ports. Noumea, Lifou, Mystery Isle, then back to Noumea again for some bizarre reason.

I don't think many people will be cancelling with this short notice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I expected Noumea to be cancelled for sure. Didn't know they'd boot Lifou too. Avoiding the whole country.

Been many years since I've been to Vila, and never to Santo/Luganville. So this might work out more interesting actually.

• Like 4

Lifou has been skipped by all ships so far. While the unrest isn't as bad, the same issues are present there. Passenger safety would be compromised in Lifou until New Caledonia has things resolved.

9 nights, 2 ports - I think you are being dudded a port. I think Mystery Island should be doable as well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Lifou has been skipped by all ships so far. While the unrest isn't as bad, the same issues are present there. Passenger safety would be compromised in Lifou until New Caledonia has things resolved.

9 nights, 2 ports - I think you are being dudded a port. I think Mystery Island should be doable as well.

With 3 days travel each way, doubt there is time for a third port stop.

But if there was, I would think Champagne Bay would be a better port stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Probably right. It takes them two days to Noumea. They would be able to make Mystery Island for 8 or 9 in the morning, which would be fine for summer, but not for winter hours. They can do 2 seas days to Mystery Island or Lifou from Brisbane, but Sydney is touch & go. Champagne Bay isn't a good tender stop for a large ship, especially with less available daylight hours in the middle of winter.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:14 AM, Ozwoody said:

Hogbay is where Chmpagne beach is on the island Espuiritu Santo . luganville is the town were the ship will dock , also the  Blue water holes and Million Dollar Point, one of the top ten dive sites,  are on the island. 

Espiritu Santo https://g.co/kgs/69uv3dv

• Like 2