Galapaos questions

jajsmom

Well, we were supposed to be on the Xpedition, southern route to the Galapagos in September 2025.  We were just on the Beyond last week, and no mention was made of this, even at the Galapagos talk.  We would have listened differently now that we know we will not be going on our booked cruise.  I plan to call the Galapagos desk a little later.  We spent a long time deciding that we wanted the Southern route.

So my questions are, now that we will need to change to the Flora (and hopefully not an IV!), would you recommend the Inner or Outer Loop?  And I'm not sure if we can change the time of the year, but is there a month that is better than others?  I am a wimp in cold water, so warmer water would be better.  The talk on board last week had all of that information, but we didn't pay attention to it knowing we had already booked our cruise.  Thanks!

Northern is similar to Inner

Southern is similar to Outer

Although, it isn’t a perfect match so double check any ports that mattered the most to you. 

Just now, prmssk said:

Northern is similar to Inner

Southern is similar to Outer

Although, it isn’t a perfect match so double check any ports that mattered the most to you. 

Thank you.  I actually just found some good information on Celebrity's Galapagos website.

Posted (edited)

We did the Southern Loop on the Xpedition in 2015 and the Inner Loop this past December on the Flora and had awesome wildlife experiences on both routes. As far as cabins on the Flora, we were in the “cheapest” one, a Sky Suite with Veranda, and loved it and highly recommend booking one of those rather than one of their IV “window” cabins, if you still can. The weather was also very nice on our Dec 8-18 itinerary. See my Live From thread in my below signature area for more information.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

We were told by a Galapagos resident that May was the best month to go. The water for the most part was warm for our mid May Flora cruise. We had a regular Veranda and throughly enjoyed it. 

We are no longer fans of Celebrity after 30 cruises but this cruise was exceptional in every way.

Thanks for all the input.  After hours on the phone today, we did not really get to choose a new sailing. We had to pick the same week we were currently going.