Possibly having teens stay on a different floor?

8 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

After the guarantees are assigned, you may be able to find 2 cabins in the same category closer together.  Royal will switch them for you.

Good to know. Thank you!

On 6/15/2024 at 9:20 AM, mjkacmom said:

They’re 17 and 19, old enough to go away to college. Heck my sister and her friends backpacked in Europe for 6 weeks after they graduated high school. They’re grown. Just go to guest services and get extra keys. 

Have you ever been in a dorm?  LOL.  Old enough to go to college does not necessarily mean old enough to know better.

3 hours ago, BND said:

Have you ever been in a dorm?  LOL.  Old enough to go to college does not necessarily mean old enough to know better.

I’ve have 5 kids, 3 are college graduates, 1 in grad school, 2 still in undergrad. I’ve very familiar with kids these ages. Some of mine were in off campus housing at 19.Three flew overseas alone at 19. At 17 they were all traveling with friends without parents.

17 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I’ve have 5 kids, 3 are college graduates, 1 in grad school, 2 still in undergrad. I’ve very familiar with kids these ages. Some of mine were in off campus housing at 19.Three flew overseas alone at 19. At 17 they were all traveling with friends without parents.

That's all well and good.  My point really was that just because they are college age doesn't mean all kids make good decisions.  BTW, I raised two boys who are now 38 and 40 and both went off to college and lived in dorms for the first two years and then moved off campus with friends.  They weren't really partiers but some of the stories I heard of some of the kids that were, well let's just say I don't think their parents would have been very proud.  

1 hour ago, BND said:

That's all well and good.  My point really was that just because they are college age doesn't mean all kids make good decisions.  BTW, I raised two boys who are now 38 and 40 and both went off to college and lived in dorms for the first two years and then moved off campus with friends.  They weren't really partiers but some of the stories I heard of some of the kids that were, well let's just say I don't think their parents would have been very proud.  

To be fair, I’ve met folks decades away from their teens do the same. My 26 year old has his own apartment and also rents a share of a summer beach house right by the best NJ shore bars, 12 guys, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and a kegerator.

30 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

To be fair, I’ve met folks decades away from their teens do the same. My 26 year old has his own apartment and also rents a share of a summer beach house right by the best NJ shore bars, 12 guys, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, and a kegerator.

But, that is not what this thread is about.  Let's stay on topic.

43 minutes ago, BND said:

But, that is not what this thread is about.  Let's stay on topic.

My point is, a 17 and 19 year old are probably less likely to be problematic than 20 something’s who are probably enjoying a few drinks.