Wristbands

coffeebean

We are considering trying Virgin Cruises Valiant Lady and have never cruised on Virgin. Do we have to wear wristbands even when we are in our cabin? Can these wristbands be removed and placed back on when needed?

• Like 1

If you have DBE (the frequent cruiser program) they give you a ribbon to wear. Though in all honesty, after embarkation you don't really need it unless you go to the party. It's the same for those that buy the splash of romance package. Once the bead is pulled up, it doesn't go down.

You need the band to unlock the cabin door, purchase drinks and get on and off the ship. Once in the room you can remove if you wish. I take it off for showers and sleep.

5 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The DBE bands are a one and done.

Thats funny, I had DBE for the first time on Valiant recently (out of Miami) and only got the red transponder...nothing else, no ribbon.

Yes, the wristbands are removable as the cord latches onto a hook on the other end.  They are waterproof. You can recycle them at the end of your cruise.  I definitely prefer them to the sailing card.  So much easier to "carry" and track.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

The standard wristband can easily be removed. My suggestion is to bring a marker with you so you can mark one so you know who it belongs to. The DBE bands are a one and done.

I remove the bands right after boarding.  The ribbon band for DBE is only needed until you are on the ship.  For stuff like the cocktail party, I put it in my pocket "just in case" but they have a list on their tablets and can let you in by verifying your regular wearable.  Same for Splash of Romance band--not needed normally.  You can also ask that they put these on loosely so that you can put them on and off (put on for a function....again, not needed)

The regular wearables go on and off as often as you wish.  A marker is a good idea;  We deal with it by each having a  separate place in the cabin where we put ours when not in use.  And since we checked the little "I am responsible for all charges" box when signing in on the app, it doesn't matter if we somehow mix them up.  Bottom line--you don't have to WEAR them at all, but you need to have it with you to make a purchase or unlock your door...or to get in to some activities. I don't like wearing it, so I carry it in pocket.

4 hours ago, cantgetin said:

it doesn't matter if we somehow mix them up. 

There is one time when you do need to ensure you have the correct band, getting on and off the ship at port. It would probably be fine if both are together getting off at the same time and can just swap back, but one at a time may be more of an issue with security!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

There is one time when you do need to ensure you have the correct band, getting on and off the ship at port. It would probably be fine if both are together getting off at the same time and can just swap back, but one at a time may be more of an issue with security!

When I was embarking the SL last year, a couple in front of us had to switch their bands. Outside of my watch, I'm not a fan of things on my wrist, but the band didn't bother me so much.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

true.....

The wristband has a latch so you can take it on and off as much as you like.  As others have mentioned, you don't need to wear it at all, you can just carry it with you like you would a keycard. 

Personally, I prefer the cards on other ships but the wristbands don't bother me at all. 

9 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

Personally, I prefer the cards on other ships but the wristbands don't bother me at all. 

Supposedly you can ask for a card instead on VV if that’s your preference.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/help-and-support/search?text=I do not like wearing things on my wrist, are there other options other than the wearable?

I like the band as it’s easy on the ship, don’t need anything in pockets and can wear the band into the hot tub etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Supposedly you can ask for a card instead on VV if that’s your preference.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/help-and-support/search?text=I do not like wearing things on my wrist, are there other options other than the wearable?

I like the band as it’s easy on the ship, don’t need anything in pockets and can wear the band into the hot tub etc.

Oh cool, didn't know that was an option. I don't mind the bands that much, just have a slight preference to the cards mostly cause it feels more natural - all out of habit. I'm used to paying with cards and opening hotel rooms with cards etc.