Cabin change - very upset

38 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

According to the current Cruise Contract, you accept the terms when you book (this is consistent with most other lines in my experience). I don't believe this has changed for many years.

Upon booking the Cruise, Cruisetour, Land Trip(s) and/or Air Package, each Guest named on the booking confirmation/statement explicitly agrees to the terms of this Cruise Contract. Any Guest booking or purchasing the Cruise, Cruisetour, Land Trip(s) and/or Air Package represents that they are authorized by all accompanying Guests to accept and agree to all the terms and conditions set forth herein. 

Check in requires yet another acceptance of the contract - but that doesn't negate the original terms. 🍺🥌

Curiosity got the better of me so I logged in to read the cruise contract that my husband signed off on when he checked us in. 

This contract at check in does say that it constitutes the entire agreement and supersedes any prior contracts. 

Interestingly, however, it does NOT include the new language in Section 8 Substitutions regarding the reassignment of cabins! Go figure.  

• Thanks 2

Please remember that OP mentioned a transatlantic flight so presuming European origin or very possibly UK origin, the contract is different to the N. American contract.

Interestingly, I have found a section in the general preamble of the "General Travel Conditions" which states that the cruise contract in force at the time of booking is the binding contract".

You are herewith informed that, in addition to these general travel conditions between you and the Tour Operator, a second contract, the Cruise Contract, applies between you and the Carrier (as defined in the Cruise Contract) governing matters such as IMPORTANT TERMS, CONDITIONS, POLICIES, PROCEDURES, AND REQUIREMENTS RELATED TO ISSUES OF PUBLIC HEALTH SUCH AS COVID-19 and other matters insofar not governed by these general travel conditions. The Cruise Contract is an essential part of the travel contract. These general travel conditions set out the terms on which the Tour Operator offers its products and services to you at the time of publication thereof. The general travel conditions may be updated/amended by the Tour Operator from time to time and, therefore, for the avoidance of doubt, it is those terms and conditions which are in force and current at the time of booking that the Customer/Traveler will be bound by.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Seriously I have to ask, what’s a bob?  

Florin, the name of the OP, is the name for the two shilling coin used until 1971 in Britain. It was then used as a 10 pence piece until the 1990s. A shilling was called a bob. So we've been making coin jokes at Florin's expense, though it shouldn't run him more than a quid or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Seriously I have to ask, what’s a bob?  

1 hour ago, Wehwalt said:

Florin, the name of the OP, is the name for the two shilling coin used until 1971 in Britain. It was then used as a 10 pence piece until the 1990s. A shilling was called a bob. So we've been making coin jokes at Florin's expense, though it shouldn't run him more than a quid or two.

The Irish version of the 2 shilling piece was actually called 'Floirin'

Saorstát Éireann, Ireland. Florin (2 Scilling), 1930.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

A hair do?

39 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

The Irish version of the 2 shilling piece was actually called 'Floirin'

Saorstát Éireann, Ireland. Florin (2 Scilling), 1930.

Thanks everyone! @atexsix that’s all I know too! 
who knew that CC could be so helpful, now I’ll know when I’m watching heartbeat! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So,the original question is about cabin change. Our HAL PCC told us any cabin changes go through the HAL PCC before a change can be made. I asked due to this thread because we have a fully accessible Signature suite I do not want changed. I was assured it will not happen under her watch.

Now the question is if you actually believe that inventory management would call each PCC on rooms they were going to charge under the new policy?

I suspect that since with suites most if not all in a given class have the same capacity a move under the new policy is very unlikely.

It is the people in a category that has both 2 person cabins and 3/4 cabins that need to be more selective or worry.

4 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

And we are discussing cabin "change" afterall 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3