Dining reservations

negn

This is what has been posted by others of what’s happening( i.e. they made reservations already or looked at app for their voyage)on the Coral Princess starting September 14 or 15th, 2024 and going forward ,of course all subject to change .

Coral Princess 

Provence-Traditional 5 pm ( shared table)& 7:30 pm( private table)

Bordeaux- reservable 5 pm-8:20 pm every 20 minutes  & walk ins

Edited by arizonaperson

15 hours ago, MyriamS said:

Did you try the web version of the app? I don't know about the Sun but it worked well for me on Regal.

Thank you for the suggestion. The latest update-I tried the web version and also called. No luck with either. Even the agent after placing me on hold came back to say no reservations without having full payment or at platinum or elite status. 

Update,

I was finally able to book Ruby dining April 2025, this is what happened.

I logged back into the web app earlier and had loads of choices, fixed dining or private tables. Had to go out for dinner with friends so had to leave it without booking.
When I got back in after dinner, I logged back in and everything had gone, I refreshed a few times and half an hour later a couple of slots came up for private tables that suited us at 7.20, we just booked those tables for every night except those we have speciality booked.
I checked the app on my phone and all the reservations are showing.... I'm finally done. 😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@ziggyuk just curious -your 7:20 pm reservation was this in the Botticelli dining room? I’m just compiling a list on another thread trying to make it as accurate as possible at this moment. If you don’t mind sharing what dining room you booked, that would be great.

Yes it was Botticelli dining room.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@ziggyuk just curious -your 7:20 pm reservation was this in the Botticelli dining room? I’m just compiling a list on another thread trying to make it as accurate as possible at this moment. If you don’t mind sharing what dining room you booked, that would be great.

I will also add, I have no status as this is a first Princess cruise, I normally do NCL and I am not fully paid.

I posted this in another dining thread with no response so I think it may be better posted here.

We are taking our kids and grandkids on Enchanted next June.  We are a party of 10.  My husband and I are in a reserve cabin.   I was not able to book dining under our booking because of being reserve I think.  I was able to make reservations under our son’s family booking and add the others except for us.  Our bookings are linked and when making the reservations I tapped edit number of people and the other family members were visible with a check box to add.  We were not listed.  When I tried to add us via booking number it wouldn’t accept our number.  Short of contacting our PVP has anyone had success in adding people in a reserve cabin to a reservation?  

I realize we can go anytime to the reserve dining room but we want to eat with our family.  The reason for the reserve cabin is because we have one of the forward facing mini-suites with the gigantic balcony.  

9 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Sorry, I made a mistake with my earlier reply, it's not Botticelli it's Michelangelo on a private table, they were offering 5.00 or 7.20 so it must be the traditional dining room but on a private table.
The offer was either a shared or private table at 5.00 or just private tables at 7.20.

I think when I first looked but did not have time to book they were offering Botticelli with multiple times slots throughout the evening but by the time I got back from dinner with friends all those time slots had gone.

We prefer a private table but don't mind traditional as long as the time is right and 7.20 is good for us.

5 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I posted this in another dining thread with no response so I think it may be better posted here.

We are taking our kids and grandkids on Enchanted next June.  We are a party of 10.  My husband and I are in a reserve cabin.   I was not able to book dining under our booking because of being reserve I think.  I was able to make reservations under our son’s family booking and add the others except for us.  Our bookings are linked and when making the reservations I tapped edit number of people and the other family members were visible with a check box to add.  We were not listed.  When I tried to add us via booking number it wouldn’t accept our number.  Short of contacting our PVP has anyone had success in adding people in a reserve cabin to a reservation?  

I realize we can go anytime to the reserve dining room but we want to eat with our family.  The reason for the reserve cabin is because we have one of the forward facing mini-suites with the gigantic balcony.  

made an error, disregard

Edited by rkmw

10 hours ago, californiagirl said:

I think you’ll need to contact Princess about this. 

@ziggyuk thanks for the information on The Ruby dining room. Yes, I was pretty sure Michelangelo DR was for traditional dining. ( same table,same time,same wait staff, etc)

Most have reported 7:30 pm , not 7:20 pm for second seating,but …….

I know this new dining change has been confusing,so that’s why I was trying to gather information for all in one post/ thread.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@ziggyuk thanks for the information on The Ruby dining room. Yes, I was pretty sure Michelangelo DR was for traditional dining. ( same table,same time,same wait staff, etc)

Most have reported 7:30 pm , not 7:20 pm for second seating,but …….

I know this new dining change has been confusing,so that’s why I was trying to gather information for all in one post/ thread.

These are the only options we get now but it is showing 7:20pm:

image.png.cecf5de794e42b282c97cefd757a01f8.png

image.png.45daf832e2ed9d141c77c0f41a069d34.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

@ziggyuk thank you so much for the 7:20 pm correction,it’s updated for Ruby Princess, Michelangelo DR. Appreciate it.

Thanks so much @arizonaperson for organizing this new dining room information by ship.

It’s sad that Princess has not officially stated this information that greatly affects passengers. Thankfully those of us here are gathering information but for those not on CC there is confusion…thanks again! 😊

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2024 at 4:56 PM, bandp407 said:

With this new dining program, are we still unable to reserve our preference prior to final payment? I just tried again and the answer was no. We are only gold until our next cruise in a few weeks. Even then not at platinum or elite. Tempted to pay the cruise the Sun for January, in full. 

Has anyone heard otherwise? TYIA! 

We are platinum sailing on the Sun in October 2025. I tried to reserve dining today via the app and I got a pop up message that says voyage must be paid in full or be platinum or elite.  So no luck with being platinum. 

IMG_5006.png

1 minute ago, mthomp5 said:

We are platinum sailing on the Sun in October 2025. I tried to reserve dining today via the app and I got a pop up message that says voyage must be paid in full or be platinum or elite.  So no luck with being platinum. 

IMG_5006.png

I think the error message is wrong. You can’t book because your cruise is more than a year away. I have a cruise leaving just under a year from now but returning just over a year from now. I’m only able to book dining up to July 4, 2025. 

4 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

I think the error message is wrong. You can’t book because your cruise is more than a year away. I have a cruise leaving just under a year from now but returning just over a year from now. I’m only able to book dining up to July 4, 2025. 

Interesting- they really have their act together! The first few sailings this September will probably be quite chaotic!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Z0nker said:

Thank @Z0nker for sharing that info! That makes sense. When I saw that message, I thought I’d have to make a call to Princess!  Now you saved me from that headache 😀

• Like 1

Might be a ship by ship roll out for dining reservations for 1 + years out??

So far Sky Princess  & Island Princess has been bookable for 2026,this has been reported by cruise critic members.

Others have reported that they keep getting error messages and they just keep trying and they’re able to get a reservation.
Also members have said they’re not paid for a cruise in full ,but they’re able to book dining room reservations.
Others have said they are not platinum or elite and it’s their first Princess cruise and they’re not paid in full and they’ve been able to book dining room reservations. So it seems to be all over the board at this moment. 
Keep trying for reservations if that is what you desire.

The only “thing “that I’m not seeing Cruise critic members talk about is the walk-in restaurants, they are available once one cruises after September 14/15,but nobody’s really asking about those.

So who knows when this new dining program takes effect  in September if the walk-in places will be totally empty?

There is a lot  of places to dine -in the evening ,so sounds like the majority of cruise critic members are wanting to book a reservation for main dining room(s) and get it over with, but of course there’s the buffet, specialty restaurants, casual restaurants, etc.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IDK about others but I can't even login to Princess. I am using the correct credentials. It is so frustrating to have to fight the various obstacles Princess constructs to get anything done. I don't see what the issue is, Internet access to accounts has been around a long time and not just on Princess.

By the time I am able to login, all the tables will be reserved 🙂

13 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Might be a ship by ship roll out for dining reservations for 1 + years out??

So far Sky Princess  & Island Princess has been bookable for 2026,this has been reported by cruise critic members.

Others have reported that they keep getting error messages and they just keep trying and they’re able to get a reservation.
Also members have said they’re not paid for a cruise in full ,but they’re able to book dining room reservations.
Others have said they are not platinum or elite and it’s their first Princess cruise and they’re not paid in full and they’ve been able to book dining room reservations. So it seems to be all over the board at this moment. 
Keep trying for reservations if that is what you desire.

The only “thing “that I’m not seeing Cruise critic members talk about is the walk-in restaurants, they are available once one cruises after September 14/15,but nobody’s really asking about those.

So who knows when this new dining program takes effect  in September if the walk-in places will be totally empty?

There is a lot  of places to dine -in the evening ,so sounds like the majority of cruise critic members are wanting to book a reservation for main dining room(s) and get it over with, but of course there’s the buffet, specialty restaurants, casual restaurants, etc.

Speculation here, but I suspect people who prefer walk in dining are not planners and are therefore unlikely to be on Cruise Critic. 

As far as specialty, we will book that when we board so we can use OBC, at which point we’ll need to cancel the MDR for those nights. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, NoWhiners said:

IDK about others but I can't even login to Princess. I am using the correct credentials. It is so frustrating to have to fight the various obstacles Princess constructs to get anything done. I don't see what the issue is, Internet access to accounts has been around a long time and not just on Princess.

By the time I am able to login, all the tables will be reserved 🙂

Have you tried accessing with your booking number?