Luggage Tags/Labels

napria

I’m reviewing MyCunard for my first voyage in September and see that at a certain point I’m to print out Luggage tags (labels?). The previous cruise line with whom I sailed mailed luggage tags, along with other items shortly before our cruise.

Do I actually need to print these Cunard tags?  I have engraved aluminum tags on my luggage already.

• Like 1

Yes you do, the colour coding aids in getting your luggage to your room efficiently, get yourself some of the clear plastic sleeves designed for cruises available on Amazon for a few bob, it makes things much easier than stapling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, rakkor said:

Yes you do, the colour coding aids in getting your luggage to your room efficiently, get yourself some of the clear plastic sleeves designed for cruises available on Amazon for a few bob, it makes things much easier than stapling.

It’s always nice to hear someone talk about bobs, half crowns are even better. 😀

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 3

I have some English Pence and pound notes from visiting family in Kent many years ago 😄

Thanks for the information!

• Like 2

I did love a half crown it was such an impressive coin. Was a florin two shillings ?  I can remember my mum paying bills that were charged in guineas . Don’t remember when that value was phased out. 

• Like 1

We still use guineas in agriculture in the UK. High end (top pedigree) livestock and horses are bought / sold in guineas and many horse races have prize money in guineas.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, napria said:

Do I actually need to print these Cunard tags?  I have engraved aluminum tags on my 

At the 21st day before your sailing, you will directed to My Cunard Booking Site to Printout your Booking Pass which will also state your Embarkation Time to arrive at the Terminal.

Also you can record your Credit Card that you will use for purchases on board.

Also if you will wish, you will be instructed how to attach your photo to be used for your On Board ID Card. They also take your photo at the terminal if you don't have one.

And as you asked, you need to print the number of Luggage Tags you will need for your Luggage.

It contains your Cabin/Suite Number, Date of Sailing and Deck your Luggage will be directed to be delivered.

You can print it in color or black & white but preferred in color the original color of the tag online.

You can still use your personal ID tags as additional ID. We also do also besides the Cunard Tag.

Bon Voyage! 

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't mind printing them out as even with the old tags they mailed to you I had to use clear packing tape to "laminate" them and staples to secure them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JT1101 said:

I don't mind printing them out as even with the old tags they mailed to you I had to use clear packing tape to "laminate" them and staples to secure them. 

I thought they came with a bit of string to tie. And a nice picture of a liner on.

The ones mailed to me were long strips with lock slots and you looped them around the handle of your suitcase. I used vpacking tape because these were to me too flimsy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JT1101 said:

The ones mailed to me were long strips with lock slots and you looped them around the handle of your suitcase. I used vpacking tape because these were to me too flimsy.

Ah, until not so long ago, they were proper labels with a bit of string. I never used anything to secure the looped ones and there was never a problem.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Ah, until not so long ago, they were proper labels with a bit of string. I never used anything to secure the looped ones and there was never a problem.

We still have some blank tags from our QE2 crossings. Back then we filled in the details and attached the heavy cardboard tags to our luggage.  Occasionally I put one of these impressive tags on our hand luggage, but I do use the print-at-home tags on luggage to be delivered to our stateroom. One of our friends has some that have a picture of the QE2.  

Edited by david,Mississauga
  • Like 2

Hi everyone. This is my first time on the Queen Mary in over 10 years and I just got a luggage tag that had a GE and a red outline. What is all that mean? Thank you. Looking forward to returning to the repurbished ship.

• Like 1