How to add AARP to booking

On 6/21/2024 at 4:50 PM, hummingbird_206 said:

I applied AARP to a booking about 2 months after the booking was made.  Did you do the AARP verification on the HAL website and receive a SheerID verification email?  IF not, that's your first step.  Then wait about a week and ask HAL for a booking confirmation and the OBC should show on the booking confirmation.  It was all automagic in my experience.

Where did you find the link for the AARP verification?

Our TA reached out to HAL. They said it takes 7 to 10 business days and should automatically go on account. I was told if I don't see anything by 2 weeks to resubmit on HAL site (teacher link is similar to aarp that was posted) I assume AARP would be same since verification is similar site.

I will check back in here to say that my TA was able to send me our booking confirmation and we have the shareholder credit plus AARP plus TA OBC showing on our confirmation. Nothing showing in the app. We never received any confirmation directly from HAL on the AARP, but it has been added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, luv2kroooz said:

I will check back in here to say that my TA was able to send me our booking confirmation and we have the shareholder credit plus AARP plus TA OBC showing on our confirmation. Nothing showing in the app. We never received any confirmation directly from HAL on the AARP, but it has been added.

My app shows my teacher OBC and HAL website... but my TA said it's not showing on booking yet. So im opposite. Guess I'll ended up calling this week if it doesn't get resolved.

• Like 1

We have never cruised Holland America but are considering one for 2025.  We are eligible for the AARP OBC and the Healthcare & First responders OBC.  Should we apply for these before we actually book a cruise so I can tell my TA we have them or wait until after we book?

3 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

We have never cruised Holland America but are considering one for 2025.  We are eligible for the AARP OBC and the Healthcare & First responders OBC.  Should we apply for these before we actually book a cruise so I can tell my TA we have them or wait until after we book?

Do it before. HAL emailed me yesterday and told me it's for new bookings only (even though some on here managed to get it added) and wouldn't do it. Offered me 25. I let them know I wasn't happy and if they are my TA had informed me of the situation, I'd have done it before we booked. Not too happy with their customer service so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Do it before. HAL emailed me yesterday and told me it's for new bookings only (even though some on here managed to get it added) and wouldn't do it. Offered me 25. I let them know I wasn't happy and if they are my TA had informed me of the situation, I'd have done it before we booked. Not too happy with their customer service so far.

Wow!  After I arranged the multiple res# dinners, the ship services rep asked if there was anythign else I needed, I said I would really like to confirm the sources of other OBC's and perks. She then gave me the correct $$ source for each. I also spoke with Mariners desk, and got the same correct figures. 

Maybe give it a few weeks and try again...sometimes if you "play stupid" and candy coat your dialogue with the rep, they are able to get things done correctly. I started out with saying other cruise lines with whom we have sailed post the specific source of OBC and amount immediately to my booking. "I can't find this on my HAL app....please help me."   As  loyal cruisers, we can make decisions about spending ahead of the trip, etc. and this format reduces my need to make phone calls like this, or stressing out at Guest Relations on the ship.

Inconsistent application of these various OBC's only create disheartened customers. 

Darcy

I think the problem is they don't like ppl who book with a TA not directly with them. That's the feeling I've been getting with this and other things I've gone to them about (TA said something I asked about there was nothing they could do. It's a HAL thing. Still waiting on HAL to respond to that)

11 hours ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

I got the same result - $25 😒

1 minute ago, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

I think that's how they can do it. They know at least half the people that qualify for aarp, teacher, military etc won't see or know to look for link. Then they can say too bad.

I think a good TA or HAL PCC should ask their customers at the time of booking if they might qualify for any of these promotions, and then advise on how to apply and use the credits.

P.S. Farscape was awesome!

• Like 2

On 6/18/2024 at 7:00 PM, luv2kroooz said:

I would like to know this too. I have an email from SheerID stating my eligiblity for the offer had been verified, but there is nothing showing online in my booking and nothing from HAL. Emailed guest relations and received a case number a week ago, but no response. How hard could it be to show the OBC in the Navigator App?

It's been my experience if you call indirectly to the call center they will add it.