Transportation Questions when Gem is in port

df5250

Hi. I’m cruising to Bermuda near the end of August on NCL Gem. I haven’t been to Bermuda in a couple of years.  Hoping some recent NCL cruisers can help with a few questions.

is there still an NCL free ferry to St Georges? If so, does someone have a schedule for when the Gem is in port, Monday and Tuesday?  If I remember correctly it doesn’t run on Sunday’s. 

are there still shuttle vans at the pier you can take to the south shore beaches, Horseshoe and Warwick Long Bay? 

thanks in advance!

Debbie

36 minutes ago, df5250 said:

Hi. I’m cruising to Bermuda near the end of August on NCL Gem. I haven’t been to Bermuda in a couple of years.  Hoping some recent NCL cruisers can help with a few questions.

is there still an NCL free ferry to St Georges? If so, does someone have a schedule for when the Gem is in port, Monday and Tuesday?  If I remember correctly it doesn’t run on Sunday’s. 

are there still shuttle vans at the pier you can take to the south shore beaches, Horseshoe and Warwick Long Bay? 

thanks in advance!

Debbie

I don't know the exact schedule of the NCL free St. George's ferry for the Gem, but yes, it still is running. Maybe if you ask on the NCL board someone who has recently been on the ship can provide the schedule.

Yes, there are still the shared ride vans to Horseshoe Bay and Warwick Long  Bay.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, df5250 said:

The default is Horseshoe so if you want to be dropped off at Warwick Long Bay tell the driver when you board. It was $9 instead of $7. They won't pick you up for return from Warwick but you can walk to Horseshoe for a shuttle back or take a public bus back to the Dockyard from Warwick. 

• Like 1

Yes, there is still a ferry for NCL passengers. The schedule will depend on which other NCL ships are in port. I was there when a ship was doing a day stop, so the ferry was used for that ship only that day. You will receive the schedule onboard.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, df5250 said:

As others have said it is still running. But I believe (and not 100% certain) that it does in fact run on Sundays when an NCL ship is in port. The one that doesn't run on Sundays is the public Orange ferry line. Double check me here with NCL. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The default is Horseshoe so if you want to be dropped off at Warwick Long Bay tell the driver when you board. It was $9 instead of $7. They won't pick you up for return from Warwick but you can walk to Horseshoe for a shuttle back or take a public bus back to the Dockyard from Warwick. 

Thank you! When we were dropped off at Warwick, we walked the path to Horseshoe, stopping at a few of the coves along the way and caught the van back to dockyard. 

7 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Yes, there is still a ferry for NCL passengers. The schedule will depend on which other NCL ships are in port. I was there when a ship was doing a day stop, so the ferry was used for that ship only that day. You will receive the schedule onboard.

Thank you for the response. Liberty of the Seas will be in port with us.

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

As others have said it is still running. But I believe (and not 100% certain) that it does in fact run on Sundays when an NCL ship is in port. The one that doesn't run on Sundays is the public Orange ferry line. Double check me here with NCL. 

Thank you!  That could change my plans for Sunday if it is running!! I’ll have to wait til I am on board to find out!!