2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

Here's another one for November (probably too soon for me to sail)....

14-day

France, Spain, Portugal from Miami...

• Solo Balcony with FAS
    $1,583 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $1,028.95 
    70% OFF 2nd Guest
    $1,028.95
FREE AT SEA PACKAGE
  • Specialty Dining 
    $27.80 
    •  
    • Per stateroom
      $27.80 
  • Open Bar 
    $305.20 
    •  
    • Per stateroom
      $305.20 

• Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 70% OFF 2nd Guest
    Included
  • Subtotal 
    $1,361.95 
    •  
  • Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses 
    $239.82 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $239.82 
Total Due
$1,601.77 

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You made me look.  That's a killer deal.  11 day trans-Atlantic balcony w/FAS in a Balcony....

STATEROOM
1 Guest
  • Balcony 
    $2,152 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $699.40 
    70% OFF 2nd Guest
    $699.40
FREE AT SEA PACKAGE
  • Specialty Dining 
    $27.80 
    •  
    • Per stateroom
      $27.80 
  • Open Bar 
    $261.60 
    •  
    • Per stateroom
      $261.60 

• Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 70% OFF 2nd Guest
    Included
  • Subtotal 
    $988.80 
    •  
    $197.76 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $197.76 
Total Due
$1,186.56 

If I recall you looked a few weeks ago when the balcony price was ~ $1300.

My conspiracy theorist self thinks I might have to bring my own food and life preserver at that price.

• Haha 3

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

If I recall you looked a few weeks ago when the balcony price was ~ $1300.

My conspiracy theorist self thinks I might have to bring my own food and life preserver at that price.

Probably have to do your own Safety Drill check in in front of the cabin mirror!!!!!

• Haha 1

This might be somewhat off-topic and a violation of the group rules of #Schoompiefest but I to post this, found the perfect presidential candidate. Jeff Spicoli 2024

4 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

No, they are everywhere. Car accident on RT 9W and a closed road, so I took a side road to bypass and found them less than 6 miles from the house, they were very surprised to see me as well. 

Are they buying all the businesses by you? Are they the only ones buying homes by you?

5 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Are they buying all the businesses by you? Are they the only ones buying homes by you?

nothing that we know of, they tend to keep stuff under the radar until it's too late. Our daughter lives up in Rock Hill, she has seen a lot of movement recently. We drove through Fallsburg the other day, the place was overrun and watch out for those vans.

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Here's another one for November (probably too soon for me to sail)....

14-day

France, Spain, Portugal from Miami...

• Solo Balcony with FAS
    $1,583 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $1,028.95 
    70% OFF 2nd Guest
    $1,028.95
FREE AT SEA PACKAGE
  • Specialty Dining 
    $27.80 
    •  
    • Per stateroom
      $27.80 
  • Open Bar 
    $305.20 
    •  
    • Per stateroom
      $305.20 

• Shore Excursions
    Included
  • WiFi
    Included
+MORE OFFERS
  • 70% OFF 2nd Guest
    Included
  • Subtotal 
    $1,361.95 
    •  
    $239.82 
    •  
    • Guest 1
      $239.82 
Total Due
$1,601.77 

Maybe I will have to switch cruises. This one is in my time frame...all I need to do is change my flights. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

nothing that we know of, they tend to keep stuff under the radar until it's too late. Our daughter lives up in Rock Hill, she has seen a lot of movement recently. We drove through Fallsburg the other day, the place was overrun and watch out for those vans.

Rock Hill, practically our neighbor.  😉

"Watch out for those vans"--yeah and they are the world's worst drivers. 😒 And watch out when you drive for them walking in the road in those black hillbilly outfits, especially at night.

I really don't want to say anything more, since this would probably get too political.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Back to cruising with a question. We just received an email from NCL about our upcoming cruise, here is a screenshot of the first page. I've attached the pdf, wondering why we have never seen this, something new from NCL?

image.png.15caba9757295233bda20a7fa2e1e629.png

Norwegian Cruise Line Pre Cruise Information.pdf 626.35 kB · 3 downloads

Format might be different (nor sure as I only skim mine).  But, they have sent something like that to me the last several cruises.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Maybe I will have to switch cruises. This one is in my time frame...all I need to do is change my flights. 

I am not really switching cruises...just stressing out @Sugar Magnolia. I am now booked and paid in full for the November Prima TA. Still a few suites left with your name on them, @graphicguy

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I am not really switching cruises...just stressing out @Sugar Magnolia. I am now booked and paid in full for the November Prima TA. Still a few suites left with your name on them, @graphicguy

I will have photos of @debenson0723 taped around the studio lounge warning everyone not to let her in.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Back to cruising with a question. We just received an email from NCL about our upcoming cruise, here is a screenshot of the first page. I've attached the pdf, wondering why we have never seen this, something new from NCL?

image.png.15caba9757295233bda20a7fa2e1e629.png

Norwegian Cruise Line Pre Cruise Information.pdf 626.35 kB · 7 downloads

I did not receive this for any of my cruises from this year. I only received the Travel Documentation Requirements memo and the 15 reminder memos to watch the safety video, which is why I can remember the script by heart.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2024 at 3:22 PM, complawyer said:

well schmoop, im 76, wife 75, and we're still booking. booked on prima for iceland this sept, looking for south africa either this nov, or next may, or antarctica in jan.

here's a different cruise idea (strictly for people 60+.)

an oldies but goodies/doo wopp cruise! with the music of my youth, and my age, where the ship goes in entirely irrelevant and yes! 10 days minimum. if ncl agrees, i have literally 100's of oldie c/d's that i would be happy to DJ from either the pool area or a lounge. i have music from the doo wopp era, from  groups most people have never heard of (unless they're east coast denizens)

only caveat, any song after 1973 are not eligible to be played on board. gotta draw the line somewhere (LOL)

I'm game!  '73 is a good cut off.  

On 8/16/2024 at 10:40 AM, Sugar Magnolia said:

I did not receive this for any of my cruises from this year. I only received the Travel Documentation Requirements memo and the 15 reminder memos to watch the safety video, which is why I can remember the script by heart.

Yours truly, not sailing next on NCL again, as you & others know ... been getting  fair / reasonable amount of email reminders & tips about our upcoming cruise.  Nothing about safety video - which I understood is done virtually too, report to (find it) muster station once onboard - swipe/scan/beep and done, checked off.  

This is one of the memos from Cunard ... 

Collage_2024-08-18_12_55_18.thumb.jpg.6e50406053f8cad11cd381415f2f1c30.jpg

Next 2 QE cruises sold out, mid-September 3 days Pacific coastal repo is a bargain ... too bad, doesn't fit our "busy" schedule.  BTW, finally started the Not-Quite-Live Semi report on the other forum in between packing.  Can you believe Susan is done with luggage, her Travelpro is just 22 lbs ... amazing, plus 1/2 of the 24" checked rollerboard that we are sharing.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

BTW, finally started the Not-Quite-Live Semi report on the other forum in between packing.

Excellent! My end of summer was looking dull.

16 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Can you believe Susan is done with luggage, her Travelpro is just 22 lbs ... amazing, plus 1/2 of the 24" checked rollerboard that we are sharing. 

Kudos to Susan, especially on a cooler voyage. You guys are pros at packing by now. Seems unlikely you can limit yourselves to just a carryon unless you sacrifice underwear for a full Station Zebra setup.

I still plan to only pack a carryon and backpack for my next 34-day journey. I will leave my Doppler radar home and just rely on you and @JIMESOPUS to provide me twice daily weather forecast reports.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Excellent! My end of summer was looking dull.

Kudos to Susan, especially on a cooler voyage. You guys are pros at packing by now. Seems unlikely you can limit yourselves to just a carryon unless you sacrifice underwear for a full Station Zebra setup.

I still plan to only pack a carryon and backpack for my next 34-day journey. I will leave my Doppler radar home and just rely on you and @JIMESOPUS to provide me twice daily weather forecast reports.

Since you are leaving your radar home you can now pack your own Starlink portable system, found a thread actively discussing taking one aboard

https://www.starlink.com/us/roam

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

... My end of summer was looking dull. Kudos to Susan, especially on a cooler voyage. You guys are pros at packing by now. Seems unlikely you can limit yourselves to just a carryon unless you sacrifice underwear for a full Station Zebra setup.  I still plan to only pack a carryon and backpack for my next 34-day journey. I will leave my Doppler radar home and just rely on you and @JIMESOPUS to provide me twice daily weather forecast reports.

LOL, continuously adapting and downsizing to bring less but it's those darn cool weather items, forecast not pretty aside from Vancouver & Victoria ... wet, damn & showers/rain & of course, cloudy skies for the 4 stops (1 of them a tender port) but we knew that, wind & rain-proof and water-repellent jackets with zip-outs, wool caps & gloves so we don't freeze on the balcony.  

I am the indecisive ones on my modified Station Z setup - should I bring the Linux notebook PC w the heavier & bulkier adapter or just use the lighter Chromebook w. touchscreen, and ditch the Fire tablet, worst come to worst, hijack the iPad mini (now "hers") & pair it with a folding keyboard if the NB crash on me (shouldn't) and I got a loaded USB stick for recovery, restore & fresh install.  Fewer charger/adapters to stuff into the personal bag/carry-on.  Luckily, got a few more days left to make up my mind for this trip ... going to have 2 travel vests but don't think it's going to be "required" to slip thru the UA gate sizer with the scale - the 22" carry-on shouldn't be a red flag and her is light (10 kg. / 22 lbs being ideal for those EU main and LCC - domestic/Canada - they don't care as long as we can lift and fit them into the overhead bins.  The difference between the Prima TA via Iceland and this is that we have much more generous luggage allowances and we can each easily board with 35 to 40 lbs carry-on alone "free" vs. EU/UK's tighter limits for all cabin items. 

Grand niece & grand nephews already moaning about going back to school, luckily - their mom & dad decided to take a summer cruise on the SOS ... RC ship out of Cape Liberty, both the Joy & SOS already sailed out this afternoon with them onboard - so tempting to hitch a ride to cruise along, expecting a moderately rough one heading south (insides for 2, cheerfully accepted except it's sold out).  

You aren't leaving for several more weeks, right ... hold your horses until we get back from Sydney, Halifax, St. John & Boston, etc. later next month and between Jim, myself & other weather experts around here, we'll cheer for you.  That Starlink "kit" ... (see below)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Since you are leaving your radar home you can now pack your own Starlink portable system, found a thread actively discussing taking one aboard

https://www.starlink.com/us/roam

Jim ... been looking at those packages, aside from the hardware investment/cost of purchase upfront ($500 +/- isn't too bad) and even $50 per month isn't cyber-robbery ... it's great as portable and/or mobile kit for travel camping & urban boondocking in stealth, etc.   Except, I am sure they have ways & means of limiting that to land use and not onboard marine vessels moving around on high seas.  The marine options are much more costly ...

I wonder if NCL would allow someone to setup that cute, portable antenna on the balcony to aim for orbiting signals at sea or they would prohibit and ban its use onboard.  In about 2 weeks, will check out the Starlink signals, coverage & speed, etc. onboard Cunard ... supposed to be fine and fewer complaints vs. NCL.  ($24 per 24 hours purchased on the ship vs $30 with NCL, and, less pre-cruise at $16 per day) 

Meanwhile, waiting for Google / Pixel 9 to come up and then enable the cellular direct to satellite messaging option (free for the 1st year on qualifying, select devices like the 9/9 Pro) - different ISP and not via Starlink.  Using S/S's Galaxy S24 at the moment but not clear or sure if Google/T-Mo's initial cellular-satellite messaging will include flagship Sammy's - I should look further/deeper into the specific radios/chipsets requirements.  No, it still won't resolve the basic challenges of being connected continuously.  

• Like 2