2026 NCL Cruise Critic cruise (proposed)

8 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

...While I would love to be out of work for 11 straight (or more) business days, my boss is not excited with that prospect. It seems my presence is expected at work, despite me being wholly unimportant to the operation of the business!...

I've been a victim of that vicious conspiracy before. I was in a headquarters assignment during Desert Shield/Desert Storm, and I asked to deploy. I was told I was too important to go. What?!? I wasn't important yesterday!!!

Sadly, we probably won't make this cruise. The wife doesn't care much for the itineraries.

Edited by omahabob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Need I remind you, young lady, that it was you who mercilessly harangued me into booking a last minute cruise to Bermuda a few weeks ago, knowing that I had just returned from an exhausting five week journey. Have you no empathy? Have you no shame?

ANSWERS...

NO and NO!

• Haha 4

@dexddd  It's all from the seafood/Japanese AYCE buffet section of this place out in Long Island ... marinated spicy tuna sashimi, pepper coated and really, really good.  

You prefer these, instead ??  Corn bread was really good, put Q's (on ships that have it as SD option) to shame (Landry's Dos Caminos) 

PXL_20240606_22000010.thumb.jpeg.82c87aa85a9a872493990fda5c97f53c.jpeg

Edited by mking8288

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Late to the party. Where we goin’?

It looks like @cruiseny4lifeand @laudergayle are doing the Western Caribbean out of NOLA on 2/2/25.  And some of us, @graphicguy@Sugar Magnolia@schmoopie17and myself are doing LA to Miami via the Panama Canal on the Joy 2/6/25. And hopefully we can all figure something out that works for everyone in 2026.

#SchmoopieFest

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Wow! That is actually a pretty good price for Haven suites. Hmmmm 🤔  @laudergayle you already booked on this? 

We hope to book in the next day or so…waiting for a CF credit to get back to our account!!  We won’t be in the Haven, but I know you get out and about a lot.  maybe we could convince @ChiefMateJRK to join, too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Oh, I see we are already ribbing @cruiseny4life's team on the Getaway. Game on!

They can try to Getaway from the ribbing, but won't succeed.

We, on the other hand, will be joyfully joyful on the Joy.

I just realized that NCL has two ships named after dish detergents. 

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I see we are already ribbing @cruiseny4life's team on the Getaway. Game on!

LOL, maybe, most likely, "Against The Odds" that NCL will "up" their onboard Starlink connectivity speed to better stream AV contents, including sports programming ??  It's probably another reason why NCL hasn't raised WiFi prices fleetwide b/c Norwegian is at a disadvantage - will be "paying" for Cunard WiFi for 4 or 5 (full, sea) days only at $25 p/d and getting offset by OBC, thus essentially "free" again. 

https://www.thestreet.com/travel/carnival-and-royal-caribbean-quietly-fix-a-huge-cruising-problem

I really should spend more time over at the other 2 forums in the next 2 to 3 months instead of hanging out here, but can't "abandon" all the cruise friends & buddies here.   Otherwise,  anything is possible for 2025 (2 booked on NCL, including TA late in the year) and 2026.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I'm going with Ajax.

Prima, Viva, Aqua ... got another one

what about ...

"Wawa" 

folks across the Hudson River should be very familiar with this name/brand. 

P.S.  how about "Lava" for a volcanic theme 😁

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

New Orleans will be a madhouse when they debark, with the Super Bowl on February 9th.

But I guess I can understand, since my Packers will be playing in it.

We originally booked the February 9 sailing, but as soon as I saw the prices of hotels the night before and figured out what was going on, we switched to the 2nd.  It will be easy out for us on the 9th.  Parking is just a couple of blocks from the interstate, and Super Bowl traffic will be headed in the opposite direction.  

I'm pretty sure the Patrick, Travis and other Chiefs will be close by.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

New Orleans will be a madhouse when they debark, with the Super Bowl on February 9th.

But I guess I can understand, since my Packers will be playing in it.

So who is going to plan the Superbowl Party?  We will be in Puerto Vallerta that day so I can run across the street to Wal-Mart to buy snacks (along with the other Party Princess, @Sugar Magnolia).

I have been to these Mexican ports so many times that I will probably spend a lot of time on the ship, hopefully in the Thermal Spa. The only new port for me is Panama City, which I am looking forward to,

• Like 2