Solo pricing back to normal?

I was able to book a 10 Southern Caribbean ABC cruise on Silhouette next April in Prime Concierge for $1600. I qualified for a $200 military discount. The double occupancy rate is $930 so that's less than 200% surcharge and there were no restrictions on cabin selection that I could see, all categories were available to solo travelers.  I went ahead and booked because I have always wanted to go the Southern Caribbean and this cruise will earn me Elite status after completion. I also took advantage of AmEx's current offer of spending $500 on CelebrityCruises.com and getting back $100 so added bonus.

• Like 3

I found a voyage for which double occupancy bookings offered a choice of staterooms: Inside guarantee, [Standard] Inside (select your own stateroom, lower decks) or Prime Inside (select your own stateroom, upper decks).  On the other hand, a single occupancy booking did not offer an Inside guarantee, only offering the two options to select your own stateroom.

Is that a mistake which can be corrected?  If I booked by phone, directly with Celebrity or if I booked through a travel agent, would I be able to receive a single occupancy price quote for an Inside guarantee stateroom?

On 8/10/2024 at 7:51 PM, drakes2 said:

I've had that happen to me also. Some cabins are not for solo occupancy even if paying for 2 guests. Just the way it is. 

The problem is there are (or were, I haven't looked lately as I made other plans for next August) cabins that have been available for solos (like all of Aqua Class) that are (or were, see disclaimer) suddenly not available for 1 but mass availability for 2. For certain sailings.

The sudden "Sorry, not for solos" would be obnoxious if it was a general thing. But it being only certain sailings and clearly not tied to availability? Something's fishy.

• Like 2

Yeah I had a look at a sailing earlier that if I put 1 person down I think only veranda and retreat was available, when changing to 2 people - suddenly inside, oceanview, concierge, aqua and retreat was available.

So doing what I've seen with MSC which is limiting sailings or rooms available to solo cruisers

• Like 1

I have experienced the “no availability” when trying to book as a solo. I use a TA, but like to do my research before contacting her. When I get the “no availability” on a cruise, with a lot of rooms available for two passengers, I call her. She has always been able to get me the cabin level I want and in a good deck/location. 

I know there are folks who prefer to book directly and/or think that a TA is an unnecessary level between themselves and the cruise line. This is an example of when a TA is worth their weight in gold.

• Like 4

Just now, Straughn said:

I know there are folks who prefer to book directly and/or think that a TA is an unnecessary level between themselves and the cruise line. This is an example of when a TA is worth their weight in gold.

I know but finding one is the issue for me. I had one but she no longer is a TA so I'm SOL and finding a good one is really difficult. So far none have offered anything that's worth me switching from me booking directly.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

So far none have offered anything that's worth me switching from me booking directly.

The same for me. I book with a CVP and get some really good wine but thats about it. I keep track of my own pricing, upgrades, cabin availability etc.  One thing I will say about him is he did tip me off about a SV coming available on a future cruise which I was able to snag