Website down?

9 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

I have been trying since yesterday evening to search cruise parameters for next year. I keep getting ‘something went wrong’. Anyone else running up against this? 

same here

Nancy

• Like 1

I read that as of 7/1 a new rule/law goes into affect that all cruise lines have to include all port fees and taxes, etc in the pricing. I am wondering if it has anything to do with that given multiple lines down. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I read that as of 7/1 a new rule/law goes into affect that all cruise lines have to include all port fees and taxes, etc in the pricing. I am wondering if it has anything to do with that given multiple lines down. 

That's technically only true for consumers who live in California--it's a new state law.

But all of the major cruise lines have indicated that they will be changing their pricing nationwide to comply with the new law, and make it easier for the consumer to compare apples-apples.

15 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I have been trying since yesterday evening to search cruise parameters for next year. I keep getting ‘something went wrong’. Anyone else running up against this? 

website is now working

nancy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just able to get onto the website. It still does not include taxes in pricing - which I read will be mandatory on all lines starting July 1st, so that was not the reason for being down. 

Whether it's working or it doesn't, the SB website has to be one of the clumsiest, most outdated, slow, jumbled up, filled with poor, old, or badly inserted low-res photos, and generally far from intuitive and easy to use, websites in the entire cruise industry. It does the SB brand no favours at all, a horror show of mediocrity and poor attention to customer need.

As SB regulars as my wife and I are, it's incredible that SB's senior management have not tried their own site and discovered its lamentable properties.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Globalia said:

Whether it's working or it doesn't, the SB website has to be one of the clumsiest, most outdated, slow, jumbled up, filled with poor, old, or badly inserted low-res photos, and generally far from intuitive and easy to use, websites in the entire cruise industry.

I'm not so sure.  The competition for worst website seems pretty intense:

explora-journeys-please-fix-your-it-systems-this-is-becoming-a-joke/

windstar-website

• Like 1