Anyone know of any Princess offers, like AMEX

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

AARP isn't much of a savings any more.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other offers or benefits lately.

I haven’t seen anything better lately.  

8% is not bad at all. Yes, 10% was better but I'll take what I can get. I'll be buying more cards through AARP to pay off next year's cruises. I've saved thousands of dollars using cards purchased through AARP.

• Like 3

I've never received an AMEX offer.  Generally you have to have a high end card.  My sister did open a new credit card that offered $150 each OBC...plus extra points.  Don't know the specifics.  Had to spend an obscene amount.  

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've never received an AMEX offer.  Generally you have to have a high end card.  My sister did open a new credit card that offered $150 each OBC...plus extra points.  Don't know the specifics.  Had to spend an obscene amount.  

The Amex offers we’ve gotten in the past were just on the every day blue card.  There was an offer for $500 off for a $1500 payment for Celebrity.  That was a darn good savings,

considering my DH and I both have separate Amex accounts.  
We paid off one of our most recent cruises using an Amex offer for Princess.  To me, it seems as though we might be due for one again soon.  

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Amex offers we’ve gotten in the past were just on the every day blue card.  There was an offer for $500 off for a $1500 payment for Celebrity.  That was a darn good savings,

considering my DH and I both have separate Amex accounts.  
We paid off one of our most recent cruises using an Amex offer for Princess.  To me, it seems as though we might be due for one again soon.  

Were you offered the same for Princess?  I check my offers frequently.  Never saw any. 

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Were you offered the same for Princess?  I check my offers frequently.  Never saw any. 

I don’t believe the Princess ones were quite so generous but instead of a 33% statement credit, I think it was 25%.  We’ve used them for a number of years, sometimes offered form Princess only but sometimes it is under any line under the CCL umbrella.  
I’ve read here on CC that the type of card you have may make a difference.  The Everyday Blue card, which we each have, has always given us the offers.  

• Like 2

Over the years we have had several Princess offers on our Platinum Amex.  The last one was a couple of years ago.  Currently, they are offering on Oceana, spend over $1,500 get $500 back. 

Frequently, they will have various other cruise line offers were they offer 5x points on your spend. 

18 hours ago, Thrak said:

8% is not bad at all. Yes, 10% was better but I'll take what I can get. I'll be buying more cards through AARP to pay off next year's cruises. I've saved thousands of dollars using cards purchased through AARP.

How do you pay off the balance of a cruise using cards from AARP....thanks!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We have a branded card...  DELTA...  I don't think I have heard of any offers on these???

Amex does have it’s offer section usually about 100 offers included. If you have never looked through them it’s worth it. 

Edited by Jadn13

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

How do you pay off the balance of a cruise using cards from AARP....thanks!

I give them to my TA who uses them to pay for the cruise. If I was booked directly with Princess I would use them on the web site to pay. Since I book my air using EZ Air I get a booking that includes the cost of airfare and I pay for the entire thing with gift cards. Last fall we did 63 days on Grand Princess and paid for the cruise(s) and the flight home using gift cards. This year we did the Total Solar Eclipse cruise and, again, I paid for the cruise and the flights both ways using gift cards. Rather than "split" a gift card my TA covered the overage so I ended up with an "extra" $500 gift card that I took to Guest Services onboard and applied as OBC.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

We have a branded card...  DELTA...  I don't think I have heard of any offers on these???

It's a shame what Delta's done to their cards they've gotten worse over the past two years

55 minutes ago, STLCARDS82 said:

It's a shame what Delta's done to their cards they've gotten worse over the past two years

Yup, just cancelled that card.  Raised membership fee, offers less (for me).

I look every time I get a notice from AMEX to see if there is an "offer" for me.  None in all the years I've had the cards.

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yup, just cancelled that card.  Raised membership fee, offers less (for me).

I look every time I get a notice from AMEX to see if there is an "offer" for me.  None in all the years I've had the cards.

Me too...I axed my card when the took away access to the Sky Club!!

• Like 1

I get offers all the time but nothing recent on Princess.  I have one for $300 off $750 (both me and my DH) for Holland America which will be expiring in September.  We never sailed them and their prices are very high plus I heard that the deposits are unrefundable.  I would hate to put down $1500 and find out I need to cancel or change.  I also have one for Carnival for $150 off $750 (both of us) expiring in August which isn't as good as the Holland America one.