How early do you typically book flights for a cruise?

missingyou

32 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Book our return flight after a December TA in February on AC MCO to YYZ 

just got notice the flight has been changed from 2:30 pm to 11:30 am 

just wondering if this is doable after a transatlantic? 
Never been to Port Canaveral before so not sure timing for international flight

That will be very tough. You are about an hour from the airport, and security at MCO is an absolute nightmare. 

26 minutes ago, zqvol said:

That will be very tough. You are about an hour from the airport, and security at MCO is an absolute nightmare. 

Since its a 3 hour change can you cancel and rebook? For international flights they are asking to check in 3 hours ahead. You would have to be at airport at 8:30 am. Not sure if doable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Since it’s a 3 hour change can you cancel and rebook? For international flights they are asking to check in 3 hours ahead. You would have to be at airport at 8:30 am. Not sure if doable.

We Should be able to cancel
Westjet price for the same time has about double in price , Have check out CC points for the flight 

AC late flight is at 9:15 pm now getting in at 1 am , than 1-1/2 drive home , not I am not 20 or even 60:anymore 😉

There is one at 1:15 pm MCO to Montreal to YYZ , but it is a 7 hr flight instead of 3ish hr 

get into Toronto at 8 pm so it not to bad as flights go 

so looking at that one 

It used to be earliest releases were the cheapest, but now I find that is no longer necessarily true.  I just start looking when they first come out and check every so often until I find a fare I can live with. 

International flights come out as much as a year out for European airlines. US airlines are behind by about a month. If I can find transatlantic business class for under $1k I’ll book it, or a rewards flight at the lowest redemption rate.  I find that I tend to use miles for eastbound transatlantic flights since they tend to be more expensive, and pay outright for westbound.  

Edited by vjmatty

11 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Book our return flight after a December TA in February on AC MCO to YYZ 

just got notice the flight has been changed from 2:30 pm to 11:30 am 

just wondering if this is doable after a transatlantic? 
Never been to Port Canaveral before so not sure timing for international flight

Are there any other AC flights from MCO to YYZ?  If so, I would check with AC to see if they will put you on the later flight at no charge.  I’m not familiar with AC’s policies but I’ve been lucky with the airlines I use changing flights when they change the schedule.

13 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

There is one at 1:15 pm MCO to Montreal to YYZ , but it is a 7 hr flight instead of 3ish hr 

get into Toronto at 8 pm so it not to bad as flights go 

so looking at that one 

That may be your best bet unless you want to stay in Orlando or surrounding area an extra night and take an early morning flight direct to YYZ.   Landing at 8 is not so bad but a long drive home.

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

That may be your best bet unless you want to stay in Orlando or surrounding area an extra night and take an early morning flight direct to YYZ.   Landing at 8 is not so bad but a long drive home.

Now the wife is thinking spending the night and go to the Space Centre during the day 🤔😉