First Princess Cruise-Majestic & Medallion Question

TinyG

Hello Cruisers,

Booked the 5 day Mexico cruise, my 50th cruise. It's been paid in full since my TA, (the ones that can help with towing cars)...said I could get a free suitcase if paid by the end of this month. So now a shiny new spinner hardside is ready to go on it's first trip. Purchased my AARP gift card for this as well, so I am working all the angles.

We get to Double the Love for points= cruises & days, YAY! So will my British Isle cruise in 2025 be my third cruise, am I Ruby then or after? A little confusing on the 3 cruises or number days. I know I am expecting nothing for it, and that's what I'll get...It's a sorry tier program, and not like others where we have some status. Like an actual thing you can take an advantage of. We buy year round insurance, so that Ruby status is nothing we would use anyways.

I've booked my 2 dinners already for the speciality dining at the Crown Grill, as this will be more of style we are use to eating. The portions on the CG seem better than what is listed at the Catch and Harmony.

My question is about the medallion, since we have the Premier (what we are most use to) I still have a greyed out to finish the purchase for them. All the places I have read they say it comes 10 days or so before the cruise and they are mailed. But is that after you have checked out? Or I wait for the 10 days till before to place the order? Put the buggy app on my Ipad mini and signed on with my booking number, nothing on that one either. Still greyed out.

Anyways TIA 🙂

50 minutes ago, TinyG said:

Hello Cruisers,

Booked the 5 day Mexico cruise, my 50th cruise. It's been paid in full since my TA, (the ones that can help with towing cars)...said I could get a free suitcase if paid by the end of this month. So now a shiny new spinner hardside is ready to go on it's first trip. Purchased my AARP gift card for this as well, so I am working all the angles.

We get to Double the Love for points= cruises & days, YAY! So will my British Isle cruise in 2025 be my third cruise, am I Ruby then or after? A little confusing on the 3 cruises or number days. I know I am expecting nothing for it, and that's what I'll get...It's a sorry tier program, and not like others where we have some status. Like an actual thing you can take an advantage of. We buy year round insurance, so that Ruby status is nothing we would use anyways.

I've booked my 2 dinners already for the speciality dining at the Crown Grill, as this will be more of style we are use to eating. The portions on the CG seem better than what is listed at the Catch and Harmony.

My question is about the medallion, since we have the Premier (what we are most use to) I still have a greyed out to finish the purchase for them. All the places I have read they say it comes 10 days or so before the cruise and they are mailed. But is that after you have checked out? Or I wait for the 10 days till before to place the order? Put the buggy app on my Ipad mini and signed on with my booking number, nothing on that one either. Still greyed out.

Anyways TIA 🙂

Per Princess FAQs, they have to be ordered 13 or more days prior for delivery.

No idea why your ordering spot is greyed out though.

Try doing it via the website version instead of the app..

Screenshot_20240623-225813.png

We ordered ours a month out. You have to order at least 13 days before or it's too late for it to be mailed to you. If you don't receive it before you leave for your cruise it's OK. You would then just get in the blue lane to embark the ship. Only takes a few extra minutes for them to get you a new one or check you in then send you to guest services once on board to get it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TinyG said:

So 13 days is the ordering date. Not more than that?

Thanks for the reply. 

You should be able to order your medallion, ONCE you have completed most of the  check in and personal info and supplied Passport/ID info in the APP, do you have check marks showing you have completed these steps? 

You do not advance to Ruby till AFTER you have completed 3 cruises/credits. 

Most loyalty programs do not offer significant benefits till you have shown a little more loyalty than 2 cruises…as it sounds like your 5 day sailing will be your first sailing with Princess getting the double days/cruises promo, then sailing on your third credit British isle cruise in 2025?

Edited by wallyj

I believe the promo you are speaking about is the double cruise credit program for sailings between 8/1/24 and 12/1/24. This program doubles the cruise credits. It does not double the days on board. One day will = one day. Read the details in this post.

• Like 1

@wallyj all passport information and OceanReady checklist is complete. Yes, you have it correct. The BI cruise in 2025 will then be the third cruise.

lnhoney  Thank you for the notice about the 30 days. Great, I will check back then and try to place the order.

@skynight Not too concerned, just curious on the numbers. We might move forward with Princess or not. We like the prices and chose the BI cruise first based on her ports, and being able to use our stockholder benefits is a plus. We have just found we fit more with X out of the 6 cruise brands already sailed. With Princess being the 7th, I think we can make a good comparison after the sailing. 

@TinyG, I had a booking with my brother as Passenger2. It would not let him order the Medallion till all the checkin info was completed. Having the Premier pkg means you should not be charged to have to Medallion mailed to you, your profile shows you are in CA?

If you have all the info completed along with credit card info, call Princess to see why it is not allowing you to order the Medallions.

Yes @wallyj in Cali. 

All green for Travel checklist for both passengers.

Completed 7 out of 8, Blue! Order Medallion. Both passengers items are in cart. Free lanyard...that we won't use and the clip. Standard medallion, no customization. Credit card info showing and added. Blue complete tab, click. Almost there- Finalize order. Goes to cart to review. Shows totals $0.00, but to place order is still greyed out. I will call them. Thanks.

We have 2 cabins booked for our cruise, under 2 booking numbers for a cruise that is now a week away.  About 6 weeks ago we went to order our medallions since we have the Plus Package and that was included. Everything worked for one of the bookings, got our check-in info all added and then ordered the medallion and lanyard. 

The other booking did exactly what you described. Entered all the check-in info, got the medallion and lanyard in the cart but the order button was greyed out. Called Princess support and they said this was a known issue and they'd order it for us. 

This past Saturday the medallions arrived....for the order Princess placed but not the ones where the order system "worked". Also, about a week before getting the medallions, the app reverted back to saying we hadn't ordered the medallions so 7 of 8 steps completed on the bookings for both rooms. Overall, it's been a frustrating experience trying to get the medallions and in the future we'll all just go blue lane and pick them up at the port.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TinyG said:

Hello Cruisers,

Anyways TIA 🙂

I ordered ours for our cruise in Oct 2024 and our cruise for next May 2025 months ago.  

@t&atravel YOU DID IT, I assumed the address was on it, but when I clicked to look at the address, I had to confirm that it was correct. It turned BLUE!

I've placed my order!! Thank you everyone!!

Still taking tips on the Majestic!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TinyG said:

So 13 days is the ordering date. Not more than that?

Thanks for the reply. 

No - you can order it once you've completed check-in.. as late as 13 days prior to sailing, for delivery.  

• Like 1

My recommendation is that once you have your travel details in the app and it offers you the opportunity to create your order, do so.  Their systems will automatically order the Medallions ahead of your cruise.  However, Medallion arrival can be pretty close to a cruise.  We are going on a cruise very soon and our Medallions just arrived, only days to the cruise.  A number of folks in the roll call were freaking out about the Medallions not showing up when they expected them to.