Queen Anne Norwegian Fjords — H415

MylesS

13 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I’ve just posted a review of the Queen Anne. 

Loved it. Would’ve been 4.5 stars if I could’ve given that. I rounded up. 

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=717203&stay=1&posfrom=1

Nice review, which probably means I more or less completely agree with you, especially about how nice most of the rooms are, except one or two. (Regular readers can fill in which ones for themselves. 😀) I too think she is verging on gorgeous.

• Like 2

Just now, exlondoner said:

Nice review, which probably means I more or less completely agree with you, especially about how nice most of the rooms are, except one or two. (Regular readers can fill in which ones for themselves. 😀) I too think she is verging on gorgeous.

I just don’t get some of the negativity. Sure she’s not the QM2, or QE or QV, but that gives more choice. It’s possible to like more than one Cunard style. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I just don’t get some of the negativity. Sure she’s not the QM2, or QE or QV, but that gives more choice. It’s possible to like more than one Cunard style. 

No, I don’t either. It is almost as if some people are determined to dislike her. Even odder is a review posted with yours, giving her five blobs, and then saying there was no wow factor, whatever that is, and they won’t be going again. I think there was great a lot of wow, the Commodore Club, the Pavilion, and that wonderful MDR.

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 1

I think the issue for Cunard regulars is she is a departure from the 'norm' and many are travelling with her because it's either QA or QM2 for those who don't want to fly cruise and if you don't want QM2[ no thanks] to a certain extent it's better the devil you [sort of] know rather than try another cruise line.

That could lead to lukewarm thoughts on the new sister.

We can take or leave her but for the next two years, it's Annie for us. She certainly has her plus points but also minuses too.

We are sailing with her again soon so will see if our opinions differ at all from May.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No, I don’t either. It is almost as if some people are determined to dislike her. Even odder is a review posted with yours, giving her five blobs, and then saying there was no wow factor, whatever that is, and they won’t be going again. I think there was great a lot of wow, the Commodore Club, the Pavilion, and that wonderful MDR.

We only took a look at MDR - actually preferred look of QM2. We were spoilt in PG by having a window table, in the fjords… not sure I’ve mentioned that before?! 

Amazed how uncrowded it was with 3000 passengers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

I’ve just posted a review of the Queen Anne. 

Loved it. Would’ve been 4.5 stars if I could’ve given that. I rounded up. 

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=717203&stay=1&posfrom=1

Excellent review. We were on the same cruise as you but in Britannia. 

One of the things that struck me was how uncrowded she felt, even with 3000 passengers onboard.

I especially loved the Wellness Cafe and had breakfast there most days as well as dropping in for fresh juices and smoothies.  Also loved the yoga/Pilates studio.

I was also disappointed with no lecture on her construction and Noir and Pride & Prejudice only being shown once (I know Noir was on every night but you could only go once)

Overall though, we loved her, plenty of space, good food (we went to Aranya and Sir Samuel's as well as the MDR), our inside cabin was perfect for us, decent bathroom and excellent service. We will be going on her again!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Really enjoyed reading this thread and the cruise after this one @MylesS, thank you! 

I was wondering if you have the daily programmes from this cruise? I will be doing the Norway cruise from 1st September, and want to get a feel of what to expect!

Also how far in Advance did you need to book the bright lights society, and can you book for more people than in your stateroom? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, aday10 said:

I was wondering if you have the daily programmes from this cruise? I will be doing the Norway cruise from 1st September, and want to get a feel of what to expect!

I may have a few - I’ll try dig them out and get some photos. Worst case I can add some from the current voyage, as it doesn’t seem to differ so much based on itinerary.

Also how far in Advance did you need to book the bright lights society

Honest answer is depends! Some cruises on this trip the first few nights were sold out, however, I was able to book for later this evening at dinner. You could always book once onboard for the future then cancel it and rebook for a later date if it clashes. I haven’t heard of anyone complain they missed a show, though. 

and can you book for more people than in your stateroom?

I am only able to book for myself and partner as we’re in the same cabin. Unsure if this could change if you linked your booking with someone else’s though. I’m happy to enquire. 

11 hours ago, MylesS said:

I may have a few - I’ll try dig them out and get some photos. Worst case I can add some from the current voyage, as it doesn’t seem to differ so much based on itinerary.

Honest answer is depends! Some cruises on this trip the first few nights were sold out, however, I was able to book for later this evening at dinner. You could always book once onboard for the future then cancel it and rebook for a later date if it clashes. I haven’t heard of anyone complain they missed a show, though. 

I am only able to book for myself and partner as we’re in the same cabin. Unsure if this could change if you linked your booking with someone else’s though. I’m happy to enquire. 

Thank you, any programmes would be great, I love having a look at them! 

Ah perfect, I’ll probably do that, I don’t want to miss out on anything, so was wondering how busy it gets, but I like the idea of being able to reschedule if needed! 

And no that’s helpful, my grandparents don’t have smart phones so I’ll just use their log in details to book them on once on the cruise, I’m not sure if they will enjoy the show but they both want to give it a go, luckily the golden lion is opposite! 

I didn’t realise you are still on, how many nights is that now? I hope you are having the most incredible time! 

3 hours ago, aday10 said:

I didn’t realise you are still on, how many nights is that now? I hope you are having the most incredible time! 

I believe it will be a total of 51 once we get off 

• Like 3

On 7/18/2024 at 1:01 PM, MylesS said:

I believe it will be a total of 51 once we get off 

I assume you don't have pets?