RCI Excursion Ticket Transfer

I am going on an Alaskan cruise with extended family later this summer.  A while ago I made reservations for two on the RCI 5 hour misty fjord excursion boat tour out of Ketchikan (on day 3) at a really really great price.  My wife and I are now thinking about doing a completely different private tour.  My nieces (staying in a different room) were thinking about going on the boat tour in our place.  I was wondering if I could give them my tickets.  I would think if it is a physical ticket, RCI may not care about the names on the ticket and I can just give them the tickets.  If it is in the app, I would assume I could maybe just send them a screen shot of the tickets?  Alternatively, can I go to excursion or guest services once on board to have the tickets put in their names?  Finally, if they don't want to go, how far out before boarding will it be credited as an OBC rather than a refund to the credit card?  I was thinking 3 days before departure, but wasn't sure if I was getting confused with the cruise planner closure.

I've never seen a Royal excursion not use printed tickets, except on Coco Cay.  The tour operator collects the tickets and uses them for reimbursement from the cruise line.  And that excursion boat usually gets more expensive as you get closer to the cruise (although we have seen some discounts lately), or might be full.  So we would just hand the tickets to the nieces (although if they are kids their price might be cheaper than yours).

If there is a sale now you might want to buy their tickets and cancel yours.  Otherwise just give them the tickets once you get to your cabin.

17 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

I am going on an Alaskan cruise with extended family later this summer.  A while ago I made reservations for two on the RCI 5 hour misty fjord excursion boat tour out of Ketchikan (on day 3) at a really really great price.  My wife and I are now thinking about doing a completely different private tour.  My nieces (staying in a different room) were thinking about going on the boat tour in our place.  I was wondering if I could give them my tickets.  I would think if it is a physical ticket, RCI may not care about the names on the ticket and I can just give them the tickets.  If it is in the app, I would assume I could maybe just send them a screen shot of the tickets?  Alternatively, can I go to excursion or guest services once on board to have the tickets put in their names?  Finally, if they don't want to go, how far out before boarding will it be credited as an OBC rather than a refund to the credit card?  I was thinking 3 days before departure, but wasn't sure if I was getting confused with the cruise planner closure.

While you could easily give the tickets to your nieces I would be more concerned about Royal allowing you to double book an excursion for the same time

Thanks all for your insight.  It was probably just Coco Cay that had the electronic ticket.  I just remember getting one and didn't really remember for what.  We are going on a completely different (non RCI) excursion, so no concern over double booking.  Nieces are adults so no kids discount.  Even if they were children, the price I paid for the adult tickets (40% off) are actually less than the current child rate.  Thanks again.