Volendam in Dry Dock

I see that the Volendam is scheduled for dry dock in October/November this year. Anyone know what is generally done during dry dock or is there someplace to see what upgrades are planned? We're sailing on her next year, so I'm curious.

There are many inspections and a lot of below the waterline work...painting the hull, for example.

Not of aware of any specific customer facing work, but, no doubt, there will be some. These are usually in the public realm, unless there is an announced new look, scheme or plan. As there are only two ships in Volendam's class, and due to it's age, I doubt major new projects in line.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A major retro I think. Replace broken glass sliding doors on Lido deck forward. Replace safes that don't work. Replace Main Showroom doors that have the wrong ship name on them,etc, etc. Besides LOTS of normal replacement items.

Volendam will be Doing important cruises next years [World Cruise & Pole to Pole Cruise. They should be in great shape before then.

Edited by ATC
changes

2 hours ago, ATC said:

A major retro I think. Replace broken glass sliding doors on Lido deck forward. Replace safes that don't work. Replace Main Showroom doors that have the wrong ship name on them,etc, etc. Besides LOTS of normal replacement items.

Volendam will be Doing important cruises next years [World Cruise & Pole to Pole Cruise. They should be in great shape before then.

I was recently on the Volendam for the 94 day Grand Australia voyage. I can’t believe I was on the ship for over three months and never noticed the wrong ship name on the main showroom doors. Shows you how observant I am!  🤣