How to turn an MSC drink package into a felony...

Stockjock

First off, I don't know for certain that they had a drink package, but it's clear that this guy had *way* too much to drink.

While they didn't identify the cruise line, it occurred on June 1, 2024 and it appears that the only cruise ship in Key West on that day was MSC Magnifica.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

First off, I don't know for certain that they had a drink package, but it's clear that this guy had *way* too much to drink.

While they didn't identify the cruise line, it occurred on June 1, 2024 and it appears that the only cruise ship in Key West on that day was MSC Magnifica.

If she said "STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP" one more time...!!!!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

They seem like a match made in heaven, but at least she had the sense to see where this was headed.

As a former police officer myself, there were a number of times where I tried to give someone a break, but they talked themself into an arrest or citation.  The officers were trying to cut the guy some slack, but he wouldn't allow them to do that.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

They seem like a match made in heaven, but at least she had the sense to see where this was headed.

As a former police officer myself, there were a number of times where I tried to give someone a break, but they talked themself into an arrest or citation.  The officers were trying to cut the guy some slack, but he wouldn't allow them to do that.

That was the most absurd part to me - I was thinking "Wow..they're going to do this woman a solid and let him go..."  but he wouldn't let them!

I can't even imagine being that drunk.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

Get yourself arrested for some peace and quiet?  

• Haha 2

I'm sure she went right back to the piece of garbage like nothing ever happened. Even though babe wouldn't stop.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, mvh said:

I'm sure she went right back to the piece of garbage like nothing ever happened. Even though babe wouldn't stop.

Many years ago, when I was much younger, I had a few dates with a pretty young lady and she had an abusive boyfriend who would get drunk and then beat her.  After she left him, we dated quite briefly.

She told me that she was thinking about going back to him, because he might want to get married and her parents loved him.  I told her that, regardless of whether we date or not, she should not be involved with a man who physically abuses her.

But...she did go back to him.  Guessing that it didn't end well.

Edited by Stockjock

First off the guy deserved to be arrested! This had nothing to do with MSC or a drink package! They were on a pub crawl and he got wasted! He is an idiot but has nothing to do with a MSC drink package!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mizzoufinal4 said:

First off the guy deserved to be arrested! This had nothing to do with MSC or a drink package! They were on a pub crawl and he got wasted! He is an idiot but has nothing to do with a MSC drink package!

There's a bit of poetic license involved to make the story interesting.

We know almost certainly that he was on an MSC cruise.

I strongly suspect that he had purchased the drink package, but I don't have access to his onboard invoice.

I suppose I could have written the story up as, "Passenger who may have been onboard MSC, and who might have purchased a drink package, acts badly during a pub crawl", but that's pretty wordy and of course this an MSC forum.

I'm sorry if the post disturbed you though.

• Like 3

This made for some interesting viewing!  So the couple left their kids at home and dude goes nutso.  As said earlier, the Police in Key West have seen EVERYTHING and are very, very tolerant as long as no one is getting hurt.  What a dumb arse.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2024 at 3:11 PM, mvh said:

I hope that they both mature from this, after they sober up. She said that they have kids. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic 😔

44 minutes ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I hope that they both mature from this, after they sober up. She said that they have kids. Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic 😔

She said her parents were watching "my kids", not "our kids", if I heard her correctly.  This suggests that they could be her kids from a prior relationship.  Obviously, I don't know for certain.

"We are on a cruise you can not get arrested" over and over

The drunk may have understood this as the police do not have the authority to arrest him instead of the intended stop doing this we will be in big trouble if you do get arrested. I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he was on the ship. 

21 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I hope that they both mature from this, after they sober up.

People don't do things when intoxicated that they wouldn't do sober. You wouldn't rob a bank when drunk if you weren't already predisposed to do so while sober. (You might be more likely to do something though.) Which leads me to say that if this guy was a belligerent a-hole intoxicated then it's likely he's the same way sober. Very sad.

• Like 3

First, the cruise line doesn't matter. A drunk is a drunk.

Second, a drunk is a drunk., and one that doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut deserves all he gets! I suspect this was not his first brush with the law due to drink.

Third, the one who's suffering, unfortunately, is 'his girl' (as that's the only relationship confirmation we get). Drunks do not care who they hurt, sadly.

Finally, I would like to think this is not indicative of they typical MSC passenger. We'll be on our first MSC cruise in February, albeit in the Yacht Club, and I hope this is not what we can expect!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

Second, a drunk is a drunk., and one that doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut deserves all he gets! I suspect this was not his first brush with the law due to drink.

Third, the one who's suffering, unfortunately, is 'his girl' (as that's the only relationship confirmation we get). Drunks do not care who they hurt, sadly.

Finally, I would like to think this is not indicative of they typical MSC passenger. We'll be on our first MSC cruise in February, albeit in the Yacht Club, and I hope this is not what we can expect!

It may be indicative of a 3-4 day cruise passenger!

On 6/26/2024 at 11:28 AM, Stockjock said:

First off, I don't know for certain that they had a drink package, But that's how you began

This is where you lost me. 

2 hours ago, Guindalf said:

Get on the MSC website and read the information on passenger behavior.

It is not tolerated on MSC.

3 hours ago, Guindalf said:

I've not been on the short "booze cruise" types of cruises on MSC, but generally, I find MSC passengers to be much better behaved than other cruise lines.

That said, I've only done one sailing on MSC in the USA and the rest in Europe, and in my view, Europeans are usually more moderate drinkers and better behaved when drinking.  Obviously, there are exceptions to that.